ZJ owner in Las Vegas

buells2t

Hi all
I’m pretty new to the Forum.
I Live in Las Vegas NV. I’m a self employed technical trainer/consultant.
I bought my first 4x4 (K5 Blazer) in 1981, and never looked back. I don’t even own a car. After a few Chevy’s and fords I started playing with Willys Utility Wagons in 1990 collected them for a few years and during that time got my first Jeep Cherokee. At this point I have owned a couple XJs, a couple ZJs and a TJ. I loved my TJ but just not enough room for me. I really love my current ZJ, it is a blast.

I’m a member of the Nevada Backroaders.
I’m getting married in a week,
I’m learning to fly airplanes.

I guess that is about it for me.

I hope to meet some of you on the trail sometime, and if you re ever up this way wheeling give me a shout.

Mike

I have pictures/videos and some GPS files of trails in the southwest on my website if anyone is interested.

Welcome to Jeepz Mike and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Good luck on the flying lessons, thats cool, It's the crashing that suck's. Lostagainsomewhere(Shane ) is from there, nice guy. I'm sure you guys can get together and hit the trails.

:welcome:

Willys Wagons, you said? where was the last time I saw one of those things:scratch: OH YEAH, I remember now, in my YARD THIS MORNING!!:shock:

North AZ here

:welcome:

Willys Wagons, you said? where was the last time I saw one of those things:scratch: OH YEAH, I remember now, in my YARD THIS MORNING!!:shock:

North AZ here
Cool. Coincidently enough I lived in AZ when I owned my last one.
I just scanned some old pics and posted to my website.

Mike's Back Roading

Still finalize the top navigation menu but the page is up anyway.
Mike

Ha, ha, mine don't look quite that good. One's a '47 and the other is a '61 Maverick. They're both on hold until I get my 3B together.

It was very clean 61. Like I said on my site I was the 3rd owner of it.
Of all of them I owned the 57 I had was my favorate. Haven't been able to find a pic of it. :(

The 57 wasn't as pretty but the dash/gauges was cool and she drove and ran great. Maybe the best flat Six (huracane) I have ever owned.

A farmer had the 57 in the local paper. When I went to look at it the starter spun but didn't turn the engine over. We pull started it with his tractor. I paid him $300 and drove it home. Of course I lived in Cheyenne Wyoming at the time (1990).
When I got home I looked under the hood and switched the battery terminals and she started righ up.
I guess he thought it was a positive ground. LOL

Mike

Posted from my iPhone

Last edited:
Back