New to the Jeep family

Doug

Yo,

I'm new to the jeep family so forgive me for being stupid. Just purchased my first Jeep and love it. It's a 1998 Cherokee Sport.

I have a question. What do the initials CJ YJ TJ JK mean. How do I know what I have???

Thanks in advance Doug

P.S. What's a "Tag" like in Separate tags using a comma.???

Body designations. 2001 is the last year of the XJ Cherokee here in the U.S.. The Cherokee is still around in Europe and China. X2 body in China and K1 (CKD- Diesel) in Europe. So , to answer your question, you have an XJ.. X1 (CKD)was replaced with the K1.

Yo,

I'm new to the jeep family so forgive me for being stupid. Just purchased my first Jeep and love it. It's a 1998 Cherokee Sport.

I have a question. What do the initials CJ YJ TJ JK mean. How do I know what I have???

Thanks in advance Doug

The CJ was given to identify the Jeeps built for civilian use after WWII where the Jeep was introduced in. The GI's loved their Jeeps so much they wanted them at home on farms and the like so Willys-Overland began building a "Civilian Jeep" or CJ.

Yo,

Thanks in advance Doug

:welcome: Just wanted to say you don`t have to think you are being stupid for not knowing. The only way to learn is to ask. By the way welcome to Z.:beer: I just signed up myself.

This should explain it clearly

VJ= Jeepster
FC= Forward Control
FJ= Fleetvan Jeep
C= Commando
CJ= Civilian Jeep
DJ= Dispatcher Jeep
SJ or FSJ= Full Size Jeep (included Super Wagoneer, Cherokee, and M715 I think)
XJ= 1984-2001 Cherokee and 1984-1990 Wagoneer
MJ= Metric Ton Jeep Commanche
YJ= 1987-1995 Wrangler
TJ= 1997-2006 Wrangler
JK= 2007-2009 Wrangler
ZJ= 1993-1998 Grand Cherokee and '93 Grand Wagoneer
WJ= 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee
WK= 2005-present (I think) Grand Cherokee
KJ= 2002-2007 Liberty
KK= 2008-present Liberty
XK= Commander
MK= Compass