What kinda bee doesn't fly...? A new-bee!!

nvmycj

What's up boys & girls,... ladies & gents...? I'm a proud owner of a '75 cj5 that I acquired after my divorce. I absolutely love that thing. I've been entrigued with jeep all my life, and finally am "allowed" to buy one. I'm afraid however, that I've bitten off more than I can chew. My issue: I'm not very mechanically inclined or versed in engine matters.
For example, the other day I had to come up with $600 bones to pay a mechanic to fix my clutch assembly.... I feel like I got ripped off. But, he did fix that entire jeep rattle/shake as I lifted my foot off the clutch & gave it gas to move forward from a stop position. Did I get ripped off or was that a fair price?
I don't know how much I'm allowed to write, so I'll end shortly. Does or can jeeps.com help guys like me...? Those that are illiterate when it comes to mechanics...? For example... can I buy an exhaust pipe that goes off the end of my muffler and put it on myself...? Or do I have to get it welded on by a muffler shop...?
Pictures of the beast will soon follow. Thanks for any guidance or advice any of you might have for me...

As far as your transmission work,what did the mechanic do?

If he rebuilt the transmission $600 is good,if he only made adjustments you got ripped off.

As far as the tail pipe,They sell just chrome tips.They usually slide over the pipe then have a screw that you tighten to hold it on.

Tools needed

Tape measure,to measure the diameter of your exhaust pipe.
Screw driver

Time to install:about 2 minutes,maybe 3 if it is a flat head screw.

Welcome to JEEPZ! Lots of good people here, just ask and you will help! This site has helped me fix a lifter tick without costly repairs!

Stick around here long enough and you will get to know your CJ5 pretty well.

Welcome aboard!

Back