Hello from the DC area

Spaniard

Hi everyone.

A week ago I bought my first Jeep. It is a 97 sahara, with only 96K on it. I am loving it so much that my motorcycle is starting to be jealous!
I found couple of jeep forums but I found myself spending most of the time on this one.
I know I have lots to learn and like with the motorcycle, I'm sure I'll spend way more on it than I should, but once I get the itch I can't stop it!
Hopefully I get a chance to meet some of you and hit the trails, as well as learn from you. I am going to need some expertise to also learn more about my own jeep. I have been told it has a 4" Lift but I don't know what kind it is. Also I'm not sure where to start when it comes to maintenance and/or mods.

Anyway, a pleasure to be part of the community.

Welcome to Jeepz.com

I moved from Fairfax County to VA Beach a couple of years ago, so I'm familiar with the area.

upload some photos of your Jeep and we'll try to ID your lift.

Thanks Terry

I'll take picks tomorrow morning and see if you guys can ID it.

What do you recommend on the area?

thanks again

Thanks Terry

I'll take picks tomorrow morning and see if you guys can ID it.

What do you recommend on the area?

thanks again

If you want to know some wheelin' sites, you can go to Green Ridge State Forest in Maryland (take 270 to Frederick, hit 70 West to Hancock, take 68 West towards Cumberland, it's only about 10 miles after you get on 68 - I think it's exit 62 or something like that? It's a free 18 mile long ORV trail, not too difficult - don't have to worry too much about getting stuck or incurring any serious damage unless there is a lot of snow or rain.

A little bit further, Rausch Creek is up in PA not far past Harrisburg, probably a 3-4 hour trip for you. There are some places in VA that I'm not familiar with.

I've been offroading at Peter's Mill, which is near Front Royal. It's a good drive from you, but doable. I have no idea if it's still open (I went 15 years ago).

Jason, thanks for the sites, I'll have to go check them out.

Terry, here are some pics. I wasn't sure what to get pics of. Anything you can get out of them?

Thanks

Attachments

• Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Front center.jpg
    Front center.jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • Front 2.jpg
    Front 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    874.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Body lift possibly.jpg
    Body lift possibly.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 71
It looks to me like that says Superlift on it. I'm not sure because I thought all their stuff was white and yellow.

Attachments

• Front 2.jpg
    Front 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 176

Why are the rear springs red but the fronts are black? That's kind of odd. Those shocks look an awful lot like Skyjacker Hydro 7000s but I could be wrong. Oh, by the way, that's a real nice lookin' TJ. I like those wheels. I'm going to have to pick up some similar wheels when I upgrade to 35s.

Yeah, I also find the different colors weird. I did look closer and yes, the front springs do say superlift. Thank u guys for ur help.

Back