New guy from Texas

buggs

Looking to buy my first Jeep wrangler sport. Going through a mid-life crisis I guess. What a great site to be on. Look forward to meeting people here. Any advice on first used purchase of CJ OR TJ will be greatly appreciated because I'm going into shock at the prices . But I will score and carry the badge of the jeep community.
buggs

Welcome Buggs.

Clean solid CJ's can be pretty scarce, and the owner's proud of them for what's left of it. TJ's can be pricey to acquire and to modify. Don't discount the trusty YJ for affordability, reliability, and simplicity. If you're a Jeep purist and must have round headlights, swapping a CJ front clip on a YJ is a common mod.

Welcome Buggs.

Clean solid CJ's can be pretty scarce, and the owner's proud of them for what's left of it. TJ's can be pricey to acquire and to modify. Don't discount the trusty YJ for affordability, reliability, and simplicity. If you're a Jeep purist and must have round headlights, swapping a CJ front clip on a YJ is a common mod.

Thanks Bounty Hunter, have looked and considered the YJ. And your right about reliability, looked at one yesterday with 272,000 miles with original engine.

welcome to Jeepz and BTW TJ's are where it is at.

Back