New Jeep owner in GA

Gotta-P

Hi, my name is Paul, we just purchased our first Jeep. It's a 2004 TJ with only 44K miles, we got it to pull behind our RV. So far, have only found three small problems that hopefully will be easy to fix, the fan control switch only works on the two highest settings, so is probably the switch. Anyone know the part number and an inexpensive source? The second problem is the dash light for the gas gauge is out, not a big deal unless driving at night, and even then the rest of the dash lights make it somewhat visible. The last problem is a shimmy in the front end at above 60 mph. I'm taking it in next week for an alignment and tire balance in the hopes that will fix the problem. Anything else I should check?

Thanks and look forward to learning a lot here...

Hey Paul....hope you find this place helpful. I am down in Harris county. Are you permanently in GA, or is that where the RV is parked this week? Pics are always good to show in this place....let's see your TJ. Your TJ issue does sound like an alignment/wheel balance issue. I know the feeling....my TJ does anything it wants at high speed...I just hold on the reigns and try to keep it between the lines! Now that I think about it though, the last time I had my TJ above 60 mph, it was on a trailer behind my F-250!! take care. -- Clay

Thanks for the welcome, the advice and the invite! Looking forward to learning more from this site.

Will be crawling under the Jeep today to check out front end components to see if anything is loose. Will also grease anything with a zerk fitting. Hopefully that will help, if not I'll be off to an alignment shop! Any recommendation in the Powder Springs/Dallas area?

Gotta-P said:
Please delete...

Welcome and enjoy, if you wanna delete a post you can edit the text by clicking edit in the lower corner (depending on your device). I don't entirely understand what you want deleted though?

Welcome and enjoy, if you wanna delete a post you can edit the text by clicking edit in the lower corner (depending on your device). I don't entirely understand what you want deleted though?

I replied from my IPad and got an error, when I hit submit a second time it created a double post. I just edited the second to say "Please delete". I didn't see an option to delete the second post. Thanks...

Hi, my name is Paul, we just purchased our first Jeep. It's a 2004 TJ with only 44K miles, we got it to pull behind our RV. So far, have only found three small problems that hopefully will be easy to fix, the fan control switch only works on the two highest settings, so is probably the switch. Anyone know the part number and an inexpensive source? The second problem is the dash light for the gas gauge is out, not a big deal unless driving at night, and even then the rest of the dash lights make it somewhat visible. The last problem is a shimmy in the front end at above 60 mph. I'm taking it in next week for an alignment and tire balance in the hopes that will fix the problem. Anything else I should check?

Thanks and look forward to learning a lot here...

HI Paul,

Welcome to the site. Usually when you loose your fans speeds it's the blower motor resistor that has gone. We sell them for your Jeep pn our site. Here's a link to them

Jeep Blower Motor Resistor

Tony

Thanks Tony! I replaced the resistor this weekend and it's working like a champ! I replaced the switch first only to find out that wasn't the problem (wish you had posted a couple days sooner), but after tearing the dash apart to replace the switch, I just left it and went and bought the resistor.

Back