Brand new Jeep owner

Dawgvet06

Hello everyone,

I just bought my first Jeep this weekend. It's a 2001 Wrangler Sahara. It had belonged to my wife's gandfather, who passed away this past winter. He didn't drive it very much the last couple of years, and it has 39,000 original miles. He drove Jeeps forever, and my wife and I are going to take care of it and enjoy it, for us and for him. I can't wait to take the top off and take my family out for a drive in it.

JW

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 5,391

WOW talk about low mileage! I have been care full with mine and still I have 97,000 on my 2001. She looks clean and well cared for. Hopefully you will catch the jeep bug and start down a long road of off-roding and doing the jeep thing ( or is that things?).
Welcome aboard!

WOW talk about low mileage! I have been care full with mine and still I have 97,000 on my 2001. She looks clean and well cared for. Hopefully you will catch the jeep bug and start down a long road of off-roding and doing the jeep thing ( or is that things?).
Welcome aboard!

Thanks. I'm excited for sure. He didn't drive it much the last two years of his life. He was on oxygen, and he would drive it from the house to his workshop (about 100 yards) and then back each day. The oil change sticker on the windshield said it was due for service in November of 2009. That was the first thing I took care of. A Jeep Wrangler has been in the top 5 of my bucket list for cars to own one day. I've got to find some fun places to take it trailriding for sure. Hopefully it won't be too hard in Michigan.

Congrats! I raise my glass (Bud Light) to your wifes grandfather. I hope when I'm on up there in years and on oxygen I'm still jeepin'. Good luck, hope you enjoy it.

Back