Hello There, New to the forum

KellyRene

Hey everyone I'm new here. I joined to try and get some help with my fiances jeep. I've already posted in one of the forums with our issues, but figured I would introduce myself here and post some pics of the truck.

My names Kelly and I'm in the Navy. Currently 600 miles apx from my fiance.
We've got a 76 J10 with an AMC 360 that the current owner attached to a ford 9inch rear end with dulleys.. Truck is pretty nice. I like it, and if we can get the issues worked out if will serve our purpose very nicely..

Now here the pics..

Attachments

• 008 (2).JPG
    008 (2).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 317
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 013 (2).JPG
    013 (2).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 228
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 261
It won't idle once its warmed up.. I can't think of what else right of the bat.. I'm not currently home, so I've forgotten what all the issues are lol. Basically it has no power from what I'm to understand. But the thing sounds like a beast when it does run.. So I'm just stumped by the damn thing.

Sorry to hear it's running poorly. I saw your other post after replying here, maybe it has the wrong cam being as everything else is stock. Can he possibly get another carb from a salvage yard and swap them to see if it makes a difference?

Well I'm hoping he can get a hold of the guy and find out what cam he put in it. Its hard to find parts for this thing where we live as far as a salvage yard.. :(

Funny thing is, we had another 74 J10 with same engine except everything was stock. and the thing would run. I could drive it back and forth around town and it would do just fine, but my fiance thought it didn't have the power it was suppose to have, lol I don't know what he expects out of these things, and to be honest I dunno what kinda of power they are suppose to have, But that one did kinda drag, when you stomped on it, it would hesitate then kinda kick in and go.. I've only had newer vehicle and have only worked on newer vehicles

lol yea.. I'm going home in 5 days so I'm hoping I can get this shit fixed haha

That is one sweet looking rig. Might sound like a silly question, but have you just done a quick check to make sure your cap and rotor, plugs and wires are all in good shape, and not all crossed over each other, and all that good stuff? Sometimes its just the simple little things like that that'll stump you for a long time.... another possibility could be those ford mud flaps you've got going on there. Just sayin'.... ;)

Thanks for the compliments on the truck everyone! I'm finally home.. My fiance and his friend did some treaking on the carb and its running good

Ok So i'm starting to love this truck more and more, Put a caliper on in the front and now it will actually move haha. Still needs some adjusting, Its running rich. I can even smoke the dullys! haha

Back