New member with a question

jimbob2001

Hi. Guys. And Gals ! Just. Thought. I. Would. Make. A quick. Post to this Thread! First. Things. First. - I'm. A. New. Jeep. Owner. - 2001. G. Cherokeee - Bunch. Of. Miles. On. The. Clock (140K+). I. Thought. I. Read in a Chrysler. Service. Manual. - That. The. Maint. Interval on. The. Fuel Filter isa: 60K Miles. Is. This. Not. True? Considering a. Major. Tune-up - - Consisting. Of : PLUGS, FUEL. FILTER, AIR FiLTER, NEW. PLUG. WIRES, CLEaN. FUEL. INJECTORS! Comments?? Does. This. Sound. Right?? Many Thanx. - in. Advance ! KEEP ON JEEP'IN ! JB

The service intervals starts at 3,000 miles and progressively moves to a higher interval as you accumulate the mileage. What you have on your list is a good start however, with the mileage you have, you might want to add transmission filter and fluid and consider a trans. flush after 5,000 miles. Clean the throttle body as well when you do a fuel system flush. Don't forget to check the front and rear axle fluid condition along with the t.case fluid as well.

Back