maybe buying a 1995 yj

hello and thank for your time. my name is Mikey. I have a lot of questions.:???: I know someone selling a 95 yj with 100k on it. it's supposed to have factory rust protection and is also rhino lined on the inside. it's the 2.5 4 cyl. and its stick. he wants 5800 $ for it.

(question 1) is this a good price ? never had a jeep before

(question 2) what size lift is good for me ?

(question 3) finally, what brand makes the best quality lift ?

I am a city slicker so I won't be doing any hard core off roading, except for battling New York city pot holes.

I plan on using it as a daily driver and also plan to use it in the snow.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME !!!aa:D

Welcome to Jeepz.com Mikey.

As to your questions:

1. Depends on where you live, but here in VA Beach, where Jeeps are everywhere that may be a bit on the high side. Here's a similar Jeep for sale - 1994 Jeep Wrangler 4WD

2. What do you want to do with the Jeep? I'd say pick a tire size (big tires can be expensive) and find out what size lift it takes to run it. Popular sizes are probably 30, 31, and 33 inches. Remember that the larger the tire means the more work that the engine will have to do. If you put 33s on a 4 banger Jeep then you'll likely have to regear the axles for around $1000.

3. This is a bit like asking who makes the best cars. There are nice expensive lifts, and cheaper ones. I'd suggest that you set out a budget then see if it's realistic.

If you plan on staying on the street then you may want to look at a Jeep TJ (Wranglers from 1997-2006). They have coil springs and may make a better daily driver than a YJ. You'll spend 1-2K more for a TJ though.

Back