Another new old guy

Y2KTJ

Been a Jeep guy for years, but have been Jeepless for a number of years. Just bought a new to me 2000 Jeep TJ (had a 97 years ago, for my wife, with a 2" budget boost and 31x10.50 Copper STT) I have had several CJ7's but always loved the TJ platform. I am not very well versed in the TJ as all my time was consumed with my CJ back then (labor of love and frustration)
Hope to learn a lot here. I purchased this Jeep got a great deal and pretty well built with the "right" stuff it seems. I dumped so much money in the CJ I swore after I sold it (for pennies on the dollar LOL!) that my next go around I would purchase something someone else had already spent the money on, and work from there.
I did get Lockers front and rear( Dana 30 and Dana 35, missed out was hoping for a D44) Superior axles (in the rear, cannot say for the front yet) terra low 4:1 kit with the option of the 2WD LOW as well, Moab Hand throttle. what appears to be a 4-4.5 inch lift with a 1" Body lift. I have an older Superwinch with TJ mount ready to go on (was left over from Mommas Jeep,as I knew I would get another TJ one day) Soft top, almost brand new 33" Firestone Destination M/T's (5, full size w/ matching spare) ( Dont know how the Destinations really rate- used BFG KM2's and MT's, Cooper STT's and Super Swamper TSL's in the past, these Destinations would not have been my first choice, but they were on it and new)
Funny thing is I live in Colorado, but I work in The Caribbean, soooo I actually saw the jeep and the specs had my wife and mom (LOL) go test drive it twice, ensure everything worked, had the seller run it thru all the gears and paces etc for them and I bought it!! Been some nice upgrades and money well spent on this TJ. So when I go home in a couple of weeks for Xmas will be the first time I can Caress my new baby, BUT I am loving her already. She is RED my favorite, albeit over used for Jeeps, color with a Spice soft top.
Like a mail order bride-haven't touched her yet, but I know we will love each other for the long haul. Hopefully though for all the RIGHT reasons.
Hope to meet some great folks and have some fun, I love the mountains and spending time in her majestic peaceful beauty.

Attachments

• 2 Favorite Toyz.jpg
    2 Favorite Toyz.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 88
  • TJ Roll bar front 1.jpg
    TJ Roll bar front 1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 2000 Jeep TJ Shifter.jpg
    2000 Jeep TJ Shifter.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 101
  • 2000 Jeep TJ Rear Dana 35.jpg
    2000 Jeep TJ Rear Dana 35.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 2000 Jeep TJ2.jpg
    2000 Jeep TJ2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 217
Seems to be one of the early bolt in sport cages, I cant say until I see her first hand- I will know everything for sure in about two weeks when I will get to touch her for the first time- details from my wife, as well as some pics are foggy at best. But seems to be a very good solid foundation to build on.

Thanks 1ATony, I am pretty pumped to get home and see and drive it first hand. LOL! So far my wife keeps making up excuses to have to drive it. That is a good sign she wouldnt even ride in my old CJ's. Be home in 9 more days. A X-Mas present to myself.

Welcome to Jeepz....you better get home soon or your wife will lay claim to the TJ & you'll be shopping for another:p

She did have one before, I know she must like this or she wouldnt "offer" to drive it.LOL! I am heading out first flight in the AM, pumped to see my wife and my Jeep, going to give them both a big hug!! Cant wait to run her down the trails, just got a picture this morning she was all covered in snow :eek:( Will be a change from the 80's Im in right now!!

Back