hi..n00b here

dust

hi all, i love the site, just recently found it while doing some research on my jeep. A few things about myself; Im not mechanically inclined, I dont know much about jeeps, and I intend to change that.

I currently own a 1994 Jeep Wrangler S, 2.5L 4cyl. (given to me by my father) and have had it for about 6 or 7 years. All stock, nothing new, but I love that thing. Too many childhood memories to give it up, and it rarely ever broke down. But its a rough ride and Im thinking of installing better suspention. I've looked online for parts but I cant find anything for the "S" model. Im curious if the S model parts are interchangeable with other models, but I cant find any info. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum! Never heard of a Wrangler s model are you sure its not a sport? the leaf spring suspension in the yjs should all be the same. the yj is notorious for a bit of a rough ride. I like to close my eyes and it feels like I'm on the Indiana Jones ride. a good set of new soft springs and shocks will be a noticeable difference in the ride. I've heard a shackle reversal might help too Some other guys might be able to chime in on that. its funny I kinda like the ride but it is not a daily driver tho.

Im not sure if its a sport. Any way I can find out? The manual has been lost for a long time lol...

I already punched in the vin# to the decoder and it said the body type was an "S".. maybe that just stands for sport?

And if it is a sport, YJ or YJS parts are what I need to look for?

EDIT: nevermind, it is a YJ model. The "S" is the submodel, still not sure what it stands for though...

Last edited:

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the forum. I had a friend that wasn't much when it came to mechanical stuff. I found out that he just had never really tried to learn. After he had helped me with a few projects and things I was working on he found he really liked to tinker and wrench. He took a welding class at the local tech school and was a natural. He welded for a living for a couple of years, took 2yrs off went back to school and has is just about to recieve an industrial maintenance degree. So you never know, a good attitude make all the difference in the world, sounds like you've got that already.

I do believe the S is for sport. as already said, the suspension for the yj wrangler are all the same, it doesnt matter if its a S model, sahara, renagade, islander ect... they are all the same. Just tell them what year you have and if its 4, or 6cyl engine.

I do believe the S is for sport. as already said, the suspension for the yj wrangler are all the same, it doesnt matter if its a S model, sahara, renagade, islander ect... they are all the same. Just tell them what year you have and if its 4, or 6cyl engine.

Aaah, thank you! Thats what I needed to know... now to find a good lift kit and see if I can install it myself lol

If you look at the front of your jeep springs, the shackles are up front by your bumper, and behind your front tire on the frame is where the other end of the spring attaches, its a solid mount. A shackle reversal swaps those mounts and puts the shackle where the solid mount is and the solid mount where the shackles were.

Back