Newcomer

Rips_Ride

Hey! My first jeep forum. I have owned my 2002 jeep wrangler for 3 years now but have been driving it since I was 14 (was previously owned by my dad). Excited to give it a face lift. First things first a new top! It has always had a soft top. I'm looking for some recommendations. Stick with soft top or go with hard? And if anyone knows any good deals?

Hey! My first jeep forum. I have owned my 2002 jeep wrangler for 3 years now but have been driving it since I was 14 (was previously owned by my dad). Excited to give it a face lift. First things first a new top! It has always had a soft top. I'm looking for some recommendations. Stick with soft top or go with hard? And if anyone knows any good deals?
Bestop is the OEM for jeep soft tops. They fit the best and there are a few varieties in material and color.

I have a hard top with full doors and a soft top. You cant beat the security of a hard top when you have to go into a big city like san antonio, houston, or austin.

Welcome. For Tampa FL, I'd say go with the Soft Top. Hardtops are cool, but impossible to take off with one person - It normally takes two strong guys to do it, and once it's off, it is a pain to store (unless you have a big yard).

A TJ hardtop will likely cost you a grand.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Welcome. A Jeep is a great vehicle and a lot of fun. It is not a sports car, so just make sure you drive it like a Jeep.

Hard top Vs Soft top is about like Blonde Vs Brunette Vs Red....everyone has a favorite. Bottom lime, both have their pros and cons. Ive got a soft top and there have been times i wished it was a hard top, but mostly i like the soft and the ability to remove the windows and go bikini style.

Do you have hard doors, half doors, or soft doors? My doors are the hard ste with roll up glass.

Anyway, have fun with the Jeep and welcome to the Jeep commumity.

Hard tops are heavy (two person removal and install), hot in the summer when it rains (unless you have a/c) storage issues. They are warmer in the winter, windows wont crack from scraping ice, ability to lock the doors, are about the only pluses over a solf top in my opinion. soft tops are noisier, cold in winter, windows fog up over time, can crack, water drips around the doors on most when it rains. soft tops are more convenient but seem to be more geared for "protect you from the enviroments" than "protect you in style and comfort". Good luck on your choices
:: Another thing to consider is if you have a 4cyl engine, a hard top and doors may really weigh it down and sap power.

Back