A real newbie from Mississipp(

Tlxxtl

Hello
Not only am I a newbie here, but I finally bought a Jeep for the first time! 1995 YJ 6cy Auto (wife friendly).I drove it home and the next day stripped the entire interior out. Next steering column (wiper switch and turn signals do not work) and carburetor (it needs rebuilding)

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Welcome. This is a great place for everything Jeep.

Consider joining a club...that is a great way to learn and have some fun. Check out several to find one that matches your interests.

And the Auto is fine. Many Jeepers prefer them, especially in really rough terrain.

Welcome to Jeepz! You seem to have the Jeep thing under control
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Have a blast.as far as auto verse standard ..I love a stick but when off roading I like an autofor the fact I have lots of hills around here and other rugs love to stop in the middle of them also when I had a stick I found myself in 4 lo all the time so I didn't have to shift as much.

Welcome to the Z.

Here's a heads up. The '95 YJ doesn't have a carb unless it's been swapped on in place of the factory fuel injection. If stock it has a throttle body, much simpler in design but can still benefit from a good bench cleaning once the sensors are removed.

Don't hesitate to post up any questions you might have, and everyone here loves progress pics if you can post them.

Welcome to the Z.

Here's a heads up. The '95 YJ doesn't have a carb unless it's been swapped on in place of the factory fuel injection. If stock it has a throttle body, much simpler in design but can still benefit from a good bench cleaning once the sensors are removed.

Don't hesitate to post up any questions you might have, and everyone here loves progress pics if you can post them.
Thanks, upon further investigation my jeep came with a 4cy and someone did a swap to a 6cy. I am looking at getting a harness and computer and putting the injection back on it. Any ideas or thoughts?

Back