Introduction / Help...

Jesse Lanier

Hello everybody, I hope you are all doing well. My name is Jesse and I am the proud owner of a 1999 Wrangler Sport which saved mine and my girlfriend's life last week.

I am new to this forum so I hope its not inappropriate for me to post this here but I am in need of some help and this seems like as good a place to seek it as any.

Last Friday (September 2nd) my longtime girlfriend (who, I might add, is currently battling terminal metastatic breast cancer) and I were headed out to North Plains, Oregon to enjoy a few days of camping, relaxation and fun. We had been preparing for and looking forward to this trip for months and when the day finally came we couldn't have been happier.

To make a long story short we arrived safely at the campsite and then had to leave and head into town to pick up a few supplies that we were missing. GPS had us driving along this long, winding, steep road that cut straight through a dense forest and to add to that, it had also just started raining. I was doing about 25 mph and pressed on the brake pedal to slow down for a sharp curve but all we did was start sliding and there was no stopping.

The Jeep went straight off the road and over a nearly vertical embankment down into the trees and the flora below. At one point the Jeep was completely vertical, nose down and began pitching to the left. We would have rolled onto the driver's side and kept going further and further down had it not been for the rotted out tree stump that we slammed into which stopped us upright about 100 feet down.

We were and are lucky to be alive after an ordeal such as that, and what's more is that we literally walked away from the wreckage virtually unscathed, save for a couple bruises and some minor back pain. More miraculous still is the fact that, after having the Jeep towed out of the ravine and changing out a tire, it started right back up and was actually drive-able, albeit no longer in safe operating condition.

My Jeep needs a lot of work to be returned to its former glory but I have no doubt that it is responsible for saving both of our lives. Had we been in anything different, the outcome would have likely been far worse! As it is right now, the entire hard-top roof needs to be replaced, it needs a fair amount of body work, new brakes, at least one new tire and an alignment. More repairs will most likely be revealed in time but for now those are the main areas which need attention.

Due to my low salary and costly hospital bills for the treatment of my girlfriend's cancer I am only able to afford basic liability insurance which won't cover any of the cost for repairs, we have set up a GoFundMe to try and raise the money to give my Jeep the attention it needs and deserves. The link is below if you are able to help. Any and all assistance is truly appreciated beyond words!

https://www.gofundme.com/2nr2vjw4

I could also use any leads on a good replacement hard-top if you know of any. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read my story. Any and all help is welcome. Donations (funding or parts), advice, leads, etc... Thank you again.

Best,
Jesse

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Check the for sale sections people swap parts for upgrades. Many of the old parts are like new.
Next check junkyards. There are some online like Davey's jeep that salvages jeeps.

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Check the for sale sections people swap parts for upgrades. Many of the old parts are like new.
Next check junkyards. There are some online like Davey's jeep that salvages jeeps.
Good info! Thank you so much!

Back