First Time Buyer

Weird-0

Here's the scenario- Let's say I have about 20K and I can choose between a brand new Patriot purchased at the end of the year when the dealer is just trying to make room for the next year's model or whatever is going to replace the Patriot... or another model of jeep that is a few years older but in good condition. Question: what would be better value, and are there any higher quality models that can be purchased for under 20K and no more than a few years old?

Welcome to the forum. What are your needs and intended use of the jeep?

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

I can't speak to the Patriot as a model, but I think it's hard to beat a one or two year old vehicle over a new one when it comes to value. Cars in general loose alot of money when you drive them off the lot.

I agree about going used since that is all I've ever done. I was just surprised to see that there is a Jeep model that can be purchased new within my budget. The problem is that I've gone "cheap" before and ended up with cars that have no lasting value. The best example I have is by comparing my 2001 Chevy Impala to my current 2011 Chevy Aveo. It's too bad the Impala developed problems I could no longer afford to constantly fix, because everything about the car felt like luxury compared to the Aveo. So comfortable, so much power. I'm concerned that a brand new Patriot might feel cheap and poorly made compared to a five year old Cherokee or another jeep.

Here's the scenario- Let's say I have about 20K and I can choose between a brand new Patriot purchased at the end of the year when the dealer is just trying to make room for the next year's model or whatever is going to replace the Patriot... or another model of jeep that is a few years older but in good condition. Question: what would be better value, and are there any higher quality models that can be purchased for under 20K and no more than a few years old?

I am a 91 YJ Wrangler owner, I have had it for over 10 years and have modified it so that it has a higher resale than what I bought it for. That being said, I had the opportunity to drive a Patriot a few years back for an extended period, didn't like it. It all depends upon what you are looking for. The two door Wrangler holds it's value like you wouldn't believe. It also can be modified to fit your personality, this goes beyond the drive-ability. The other larger Jeep vehicles also hold their value.

Dude. Have you ever driven one of those? I was handed one recently as a rental. Pretty bad. I wouldn't buy one. We took it back and got something else. For that kind of money you could get a low mileage WJ and still have plenty of cash for upgrades and repairs if needed. Few people get the same money out of a vehicle they put into it, much less make money when they sell it. Looking at it that way is not the way to go. Best of luck to you.

Back