New to forum, old to Jeeps

SRC670

Hello all. I have been playing with my Jeeps for about 35yrs now. Loved the CJs, now own my hated JKU and my beloved YJ. I joined this forum due to all others being filled by people who look down on us when we dont have the newest, most expensive parts that are trending. Sorry, Im not bouncing a grand worth of bumper off of anything! (They dont either I would guess) I have always enjoyed my Jeeps, and continue to spend an amount that would surely get me in trouble with my wife if she had a clue. I know the limitations of my Jeep in its current form, and am a firm believer that if you build one that can do everything, then you take the fun out of trying.

Welcome to Jeepz! Post some pics of your jeep when you have time.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

Welcome to Jeepz! Post some pics of your jeep when you have time.

20170207_165539.jpeg20140916_145226.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Jeepz.com mobile app

Yes, I hate that vehicle more than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Had a JK on 40s....sold it...hated it. I wont even drive the JKU. Wife puts it to minivan service...and it sucks as a minivan.

Never owned a TJ.....It is to be my next purchase I think. Modern enough, but still easy to work on.

YJ is the last real Jeep, But the TJ is as far away from tradition that I can morally travel. Plus, they so look good sitting on 33s🤠

I just can't handle the square headlights of the YJ...lol I will stick with my TJ.

It is funny he calls the YJ the last real Jeep, even though the big mistake of the headlights that no other real Jeep ever had. Not a real Jeep as far as I am concerned, even the JK is more of a Jeep !

I like leaves if done right, they can have plenty of flex, dirt simple and strong, no sway bars needed in most cases.

One of the biggest problems in my area with a CJ or YJ is finding one with a good frame and body. Even early TJ tons of them for sale with bad frames.

Around me..CJs no longer exist for the most part. YJs are in decent shape. Body and frame wise, and you can get something running in the 2500-5000 range. TJs are still a bit high. Of course, TJs are the only practical daily driver out of the bunch.

I'm with you on that. Especially if you are going to be scratching it up some. I've spent less money on my large boat then I see them spend on their new jeeps. It's a toy to me

Sent from my D6708 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back