New here. New to Jeep. Need RESOURCES!

Laminarman

Great forum, been popping about. Have owned late model 80 series Landcruisers and 4 Porsches, among many other cars. Have this indescribable itch to restore a CJ5 or 7 (and a 66 Mustang but that will wait.) What has perplexed me with Porsches is the difficulty of working on the damn things. Assuming Jeeps are easier to work on, what I really need is a base of education besides reading forums. I do best with books. I could use a recommendation of the best history of CJ's/Wranglers, repair manuals of CJ's/Wranglers and most of all, best places to shop for parts. There is just so much out there I'm having trouble knowing what's OK, good, great. Any help appreciated towards books to read and resources/links appreciated!! FYI, I would like to buy a CJ, restore it over time, no rush, and use it to drive my 100 acres, go fly fishing, bird hunting, cruise around town. The CJ's to me are just too cool looking.

Welcome to Jeepz! As far as parts and stuff it really depends on what you get and what you really want to do. If you you can start with a good donor that is always a plus not sure where you are from but trying to find a CJ that hasn't rotted to the ground in my area is hard.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Welcome to Jeepz! As far as parts and stuff it really depends on what you get and what you really want to do. If you you can start with a good donor that is always a plus not sure where you are from but trying to find a CJ that hasn't rotted to the ground in my area is hard.

Thank you XT. Where are you located? I'm in Binghamton, NY. I would not know where to look for a donor. I don't find many deals on Ebay or Craigslist for anything anymore. Thanks for the feedback.

I am about 3 hours south of you in PA. As far as finding one I used Cragslist and Face Book. You may have to travel or pay for shipping to find one. There is a page on FB called Jeep flea market. Along with tons of others.

Back