New to forum 2005 LJ

18whlsrolin

Well I've owned my 05 LJ for a couple months now and have decided to plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future. I looked for a while and finally found this low mile 60k TJ unlimited. It will have to be daily driver for a couple years until I can afford another vehicle to replace it for daily driving. I heard this is the overall best jeep forum so I figured I'd join in case I ever had technical questions, trail questions and so on. I get bout 12.5-13.5 mpg with my 33" tires, 4 .5" rough country lift, 4 .0 liter, auto LJ. I've had to replace the front axle pinion seal and the rear main seal has a slight leak. From what I've heard this is all fairly normal. I'm looking for a hard top if anyone knows where I can find one for $1000. I'll include a pic from dealer where I bought it and more recent pic with my favorite Browning side by side. I'm thinking jeep with favorite gun pics could catch on! Thanks Daric

Attachments

• WP_20170330_14_02_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170330_14_02_22_Pro.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 29
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1052d2d93856ee3e6.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1052d2d93856ee3e6.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 239

Welcome to the board.
Nice jeep!

The top looks new.
Is this auto or manual? I have an 05 LJ manual 2.5 lift stock 3.73 gears on 33's and get 15 mpg around town and near 16.5-17 highway. Was better with 33x9.5 r15.

As for a hard top look here and all forums for sale areas there are not a lot of them for sale and $1000 would be a steal. There are a few people making after market ones but do not look stock. One is a safari style... Just an FYI.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Browning BSS 12 gauge 26'' barrels but with modified and full chokes which is kind of rare for short barrels. Barrel selector also.

Yeah the top is pretty new. It is a rugged ridge manufactured 2015. I would be willing to trade it plus the thousand dollars for a hard top. Now that it is warming up I'm hoping somebody will be willing. I've just started looking. Thanks for the welcomes.

It is a auto with 373 gears. I have gotten 15 mpg when running a steady 55mph but it's pretty hilly here so still hard to do. I changed the transmission fluid, transfer fluid and front&rear axle fluids without noticing much improvement. I also changed spark plugs.

I've got a 2005 TJ with 3.73, auto, and 33x10.5, and I get just under 15mpg.

Great looking LJ

Back