new member, hello from the Fraser Valley British Columbia!

Eugene-2

New member, hello all!
Looking forward to starting first new jeep project in over 26 years.
'74 cj5, 304, I am 3rd owner, i acquired it from the grandson of original purchaser and am looking forward to tearing my new son down a bit for assessment.
Last unit I had was '72 cj5 304 that got a frame off work over and complete engine and suspension rebuild in my basement in the 90's. A lifetime ago, I know, lol.

Dont know if i'll go that far this time, I'll know more after i do full inspection, bought it after cursory inspection for very good price, didn't want to look too interested as my stomach and brain were doing backflips over the more than reasonable price.

Been trying to buy this particular unit for 4 years.
Looking forward to picking all your brains about frame strengthening points and rust repair and prevention among other things and will do my best to bring some of my tested old knowledge to forum.

My '72 was Eugene, this one has been dubbed by my very tolerant wife of over 30 years Eeugene 2.
Not particularly imaginative names but they work for me. 😉

Attachments

• IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

Welcome, that looks like a great project!
My first Jeep was a 1980 CJ5, so I definitely have an appreciation for the 5s.

Hi all, my name is Alex V and I joined forum because I want to buy my first Wrangler. I love off roading and have been contemplating between a Toyota 4Runner set up or a Jeep. My history has been with Toyota but I have always wanted a Wrangler. My hesitations are that I really don't have a clue as to the reliability of the Jeeps. I have always felt comfortable getting into any 4runner I have owned and even with high miles drive it across the country. I would like as much unbiased advice as possible, on best years for motors, lifespan etc. Are the automatic transmissions reliable. I'm looking at the at the 2004 to 2009 unlimitted for myself and a 4 door for my Daughter. The Unlimitted 2door will be my on and off roader.

Back