New member from illinios

Vicsjeep

Hi all, my name is Alex V and I joined forum because I want to buy my first Wrangler. I love off roading and have been contemplating between a Toyota 4Runner set up or a Jeep. My history has been with Toyota but I have always wanted a Wrangler. My hesitations are that I really don't have a clue as to the reliability of the Jeeps. I have always felt comfortable getting into any 4runner I have owned and even with high miles drive it across the country. I would like as much unbiased advice as possible, on best years for motors, lifespan etc. Are the automatic transmissions reliable. I'm looking at the at the 2004 to 2009 unlimitted for myself and a 4 door for my Daughter. The Unlimitted 2door will be my on and off roader.

Welcome Alex

I've got 150k on my 2005 Wrangler, and it's still going strong. For the 2004 - 2006 Wranglers, the engine solid, and the auto transmission is usually considered the weak point. I installed a transmission cooler, and it hasn't given me any problems.

I think you'll find that Jeeps are quite a bit easier to work on that a Toyota.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Welcome to Jeepz! Personally I have had 3 Jeeps.
97 TJ had 180k miles on 4 cylinder 5 speed. No engine issues but the normal like water pump and tune up. Only problem I had was the frame rotted out.

Currently have a 98 TJ with 140k 5 speed have had no issues with it.

Also currently have 2016 JKU with 20k miles with no problems.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

Welcome Alex

I've got 150k on my 2005 Wrangler, and it's still going strong. For the 2004 - 2006 Wranglers, the engine solid, and the auto transmission is usually considered the weak point. I installed a transmission cooler, and it hasn't given me any problems.

I think you'll find that Jeeps are quite a bit easier to work on that a Toyota.

Thanks for reply, I have been looking at some Rubicons. Is it worth going with the lockers etc. It seems like it makes sense considering these features are not cheap add-ons. Is the Rubicon set up for rock crawling or would a long arm suspension be necessary. If you have sometime to BS call me at 8152972666. Im excited to start looking.

Thanks for the info. I will be looking for a southern jeep, no rust. I will try and keep it rust free for three years, then off to Tennessee.

The Rubicon is awesome package if you can afford it and do not plan on doing major upgrades. If you plan on buying it and making a full in rock crawlers and plan on putting Dana 60 Axel's and stuff don't waste your money in the Rubicon. As far as lifts and rock crawling I don't have experience with that. My area is coal Banks and mud and woods.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back