New to the Jeep Family! Although my excitement was tainted by some horrible news!

MrTadakichi

I am so upset right now! The short story, Our Jeep salesman stole my wife’s credit card numbers and racked up charges.

The long story. My wife was tired of seeing me spending time and money keeping my 2005 Mercury Montego alive. On Labor Day we went into the Manhattan Jeep dealership since I’ve always wanted a wrangler. Since we were only expecting to see what kind of inventory they had and prices we thought we would leave in an hour so my wife kept her purse inside our car which I parked outside on the street, first mistake.

Once inside we looked at the inventory and was greeted by what appeared to me to be a friendly salesman. He was well dressed and talking to the receptionist so he was the one we sat down with. He showed us around, and was patient with us while my wife and I argued on what we wanted. Finally when we came to a right price range, we began the paper work. I said I was willing to trade in my car, he asked for the keys to do an appraisal and without thinking I gave them to him. He walked away with them and we didn’t see him for a while. He came back later without the keys. He drove the car from the parking spot into the dealership lot. A few minutes after he came back my wife reminded me about the purse and the ice coffee we had left in the car. I asked him for the keys and he said they were in the car and that he had parked the car in the lot.

I went out to the car and found the car unlocked with my wife’s purse inside now on the front seat. When I gave her the purse she noticed that it was half opened, she thought I went through it and I didn’t say anything. I should have though since she never leaves it opened. We stayed in that dealership for 5 hours after that waiting on bank approval. Five hours in-front of this man. He did some small talk, updating us on the status, being friendly.

Three weeks later my wife’s BoA cards where used. A large AT&T bill charge on one credit card and a charge for clothing on her debit card. She had her BoA account hacked before so we thought it happened again. We blocked the cards, informed everyone and contacted our local NJ cops. The banks reversed the charges and that was it, life went on. A month later her chase credit card was used. This is when we began to suspect the dealership.

The chase card had a charge for the dealership, and then another charge for food at a restaurant close to the dealership. We immediately stopped the card and headed straight to the police station close to the dealership. I honestly was expecting a small time employee who might have gone into the car while it was parked in the lot, a young stupid guy who doesn’t know better. I contacted my salesman told him what I found and he said he will look into it. A detective later on told me to stop contacting the dealership.

A few days ago we got a call from a district attorney. It was our salesman who stole my wife’s credit cards! They got him through receipts. This guy sat in front of us for 5 hours being nice after he stole her cards. My wife had to cancel her cards. Due to the investigation she was unable to use her cards for an entire month! We had to go into our savings, hold back on a few things and get help from her parents. Our time was wasted due to going back and forth from bank branch to bank branch to try to get things settled and the cards unlocked. My wife who just became pregnant when this happened had so much stress put on her and then became paranoid spending a few hours going through our statements every night to make sure no other charges were placed. I’m so upset right now! The way he used us and made us feel like fools!

I honestly don’t know where to go with this and I’m trying really hard to hold back from calling Fiat Chrysler and tell them about this. I want to wait until the trial is over. Do you have any suggestions?

I wanted to start a family tradition of jeep ownership. My wife and I were excited for our first car purchase. Now she hates the car merely for the headaches that salesman has caused us. I can’t blame her since I also get a bitter taste when ever I get into the car. I’m sorry if this might not be the right place for this story. But this is my first experience with Jeep.

Attachments

• 9A6E5ECA-742B-4B93-B520-51808A2FCAE0.jpeg
    9A6E5ECA-742B-4B93-B520-51808A2FCAE0.jpeg
    697.8 KB · Views: 30

Welcome to the board!
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

So it was a dealership representative on the job that did this....

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Yes it was. It was our own salesman at the Manhattan Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram. We sat with the guy for over 5 hours!! Blindly excited, personally glorifying this thieving ******* for making my dream come true of owning my dream car. Both my wife and I feel so stupid and used.

You shouldn't blame FCA, Jeep, or your vehicle for the actions of this criminal. Take a step back and realize you were victimized by the person, nothing else.

It will all work out in the long run if you look past this creeps association with the dealership. Don't let one person's actions mar your future happiness.

You shouldn't blame FCA, Jeep, or your vehicle for the actions of this criminal. Take a step back and realize you were victimized by the person, nothing else.

It will all work out in the long run if you look past this creeps association with the dealership. Don't let one person's actions mar your future happiness.

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to do this. I think once the whole ordeal with going to court is over then I can enjoy our wrangler even more. I’ve been told that as soon as I take her off-roading I would forget about the whole thing and enjoy the wrangler again. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back