Nwe member here in Federal Way, WA!

cjansen37

Ok so I dont have my jeep yet...
Currently have an 08 Dodge Ram 1500, owned for the last 7 years. Have been wishing for a jeep for about 6 1/2 yrs. Don't get me wrong I love my truck. has been very dependable, taken me on many road trips! I should have gotten a Jeep! Owned 2 Ford Broncos before and loved the fact could go just about anywhere I wanted. My truck, not so much!
The last 2 yrs have been planning and preparing to make this purchase. I am looking mid October, and wanted to get some things figured out now so I can make an Intelligent decision on which Jeep to get!
It will be my daily driver, and while I will be heading for the trails every chance I get, have no plans to go Rock crawling or mud bogging! Will be getting a Rubicon, less than 5 yrs old, hopefully already lifted with tires and wheels, and a winch bumper! biggest hope is to find a dark green one set up!
So now I ask for your opinions, or possibly point out a link or links that explain differences in models, engines, transmissions in ea. model or year! Why did you buy particular model or year? Thank you in advance for your help!

CJ

Good choice on the Rubicon. Even stock, a Jeep Rubicon will take you all sorts of places you can only dream about in a truck. The extra bucks for the Rubicon are worth it.

Two doors or four, only you can answer that. Make sure to test drive the vehicle at speed plus about 10 mph in a safe place and make sure the steering and suspension are solid. Run a CarFax before buying....avoid any vehicle out if the South, like Texas, where a lot of flood vehicles are hitting the market.

Good luck and welcome to the Jeep life.

See any good air shows lately? Watch for those loop de loops lol.

I miss living out there, was down the road at Ft. Lewis.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

I was particular to the inline 6. So I ended up buying a 2004 TJ. I think after 2006 they stopped with the inline 6, correct me if I am mistaken.
I served at Ft Lewis in the 80's outside of Tacoma, loved the area, except for the rain. 8)

it doesn't rain in Seattle. have started looking, just haven't found IT yet. will know it when I see it, and get a decent amount for my truck!

Back