Voyager & Discovery, our first Jeeps.

Hello everyone! I’m Randy, a disabled veteran in Colorado. I’m a father of two and husband of 12 years. I’m also a first time Jeep owner as of one week ago.

Well, first my wife Christine bought a Cherokee Latitude with all the gizmos, and I liked it so much, I bought my Cherokee Trailhawk just a few weeks later.

Naming them:

Christine travels a fair bit to work and back, so she racks ups the miles fast; but additionally, we realized her Latitude being lighter without all the extra Trailhawk hardware, is noticeably quicker in response & acceleration, despite our Jeeps having identical engines.

That is how we dubbed her Latitude ‘Voyager’; she’s a lighter, faster vessel who’s racking up miles faster than the fleet average, and she’s commanded by one (-)&// of a woman. ;)

As for my Trailhawk, I’m in love after taking it into the mountains of Colorado this weekend.

The family has named her ‘Discovery’, for she climbed to places today that few if any have ever parked a motor vehicle. We parked there and had lunch. She found her way into trees and over rocks it appeared no one had ever driven near. Discovery made trails today.

We almost named her ‘Slo Roller’, I was demanding of her abilities today, but we drove quite slow and gentle. However, we couldn’t officially name her until after a ‘true’ maiden voyage over some harsh terrain.

Ultimately, we think she earned the less comical and more respectable title, of one whom discovers what others have not.

Discovery is not a Jeep to sit and look pretty in a garage or on city streets, there’s a little less rubber on her tires after crawling nearly sideways, over branches, rocks, and skidding up rock / dirt hills where no trail existed... and that’s how we like her.

Fear not, after a good wash down I am happy to report not a single scratch on her new 2019 paint, but when scratches come, Discovery will shamelessly wear them with pride.

I really look forward to learning what I can form the veteran owners, and hopefully contribute what I learn about trailing in a new 2019 Jeep.

(Below, an image of our dusty Jeep Discovery parked atop a tough to access hill in the Colorado Mountains, surrounded by sharp drops, and accompanied only by a lone tree, and her new family behind the camera.)

d0bc205c2fe85ae1caa94c1c3606b881-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy!

Nice Jeep

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Isn't Voyager and Discovery the names of certain Models of Land Rovers ?

Ultimately, I’ve no idea what to name the new Jeeps. Half the stuff I came up with was a type of SUV. But I did at least make a better account name heh heh.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back