A new Jeep owner anyday now...

buttons276

I’ve wanted a Jeep for as long as I can remember but something always got in the way of me owning one. I’m in the process of picking out a jk unlimited now. Got my financing all approved I’ve just been shopping for the right one. I’m looking in the 2010-2011 20k or less. I’ve been looking for about three weeks but hadn’t found the right one yet. Got two more to go look at today. A black 2011 and a 2011 mountain edition that’s a green color I really like. Only problem with the mountain edition is after looking at pictures for two days I just realized last night it had half doors. So that’s why I ended up here. I already drove myself crazy deciding between hard top and soft top. I actually like the looks of the half doors. Just seems like it would be smarter to get something with full doors now and get some half doors later. Ugh!

Congrats on becoming a Jeep owner soon! I love the idea of half doors but I think you'd probably be happier with full and then just take them off completely when you want. I thought about buying half but they are pretty expensive so I just went with some tube doors but now i don't even use those. I love driving doorless and most of the summer I run with no doors, no windows and top up to keep the sun off of me. Welcome to Jeepz!

Well I did end up getting a 2010 rubicon. Hard top. Full doors. I’ve had it almost 24 hours and just got home from work and both front axle seals are leaking. I felt like throwing up. I owe 15k and I can’t drive it. Thank god I have a 6 month/4500 miles warranty on engine/transmission/transfercase/and differentials. I’ve called the dealership. They have swore they will make it right. Ugh!! Just sucks. I’m going to have it towed back Saturday. It’s a huge job doing the front diff seals so I expect it to be atleast midweek next week before I get it back. Damn it!!

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back