Future Jeeper

MurseVet

Hey all! I live in Southern California and I’ve always wanted to get a Jeep Wrangler and am finally in a position where I can make it a reality, but I could use some help. I’m looking at the unlimited style because I like the 4 door option (I have young ones and helping with car seats seems easier with a 4 door. My partner and I made a deal that any future vehicle purchases would be non-financed (cash) and with that limitation I am searching all over for the right fit. My biggest question is, how many miles is too many miles? Is a 2011 with 95,000 a good find or is that a Jeep that I may only get 2 years out of? Sorry if this is too long or in the wrong area but that’s my intro and what I’m looking for, thanks for reading!!

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

That 95K miles is about 12K per year, which is about normal and suggests the Jeep was a daily driver.

It is not uncommon for a well cared for Jeep to reach 150-200K miles...so the number of years of remaining life depend on how well the Jeep was cared for and how much you plan to drive it and how you plan to care for it.

Car seats in Jeeps are a royal pain due to the small doors and vehicle height.

That 95K miles is about 12K per year, which is about normal and suggests the Jeep was a daily driver.

It is not uncommon for a well cared for Jeep to reach 150-200K miles...so the number of years of remaining life depend on how well the Jeep was cared for and how much you plan to drive it and how you plan to care for it.

Car seats in Jeeps are a royal pain due to the small doors and vehicle height.

Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

My biggest question is, how many miles is too many miles? Is a 2011 with 95,000 a good find or is that a Jeep that I may only get 2 years out of

Have the jeep checked out as 95K is not necessarily excessive. Your location generally means less rust issues unless parked at the beach. Test drive and make sure the unique steering quirks, brakes, ride and acceleration meets your standards. The 2012 model year introduced a more powerful motor so check them out too.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back