(Almost) New Jeeper! Questions

sharky

Hi there! I came across this forum from someone's blog. They said it was their favorite forum so I thought I'd join! I'm new to the Jeep scene. I do not have a Jeep yet but am planning on getting my first Wrangler soon. I have so many questions and absolutely no one to ask them to. I'd rather ask real Jeepers rather than a salesman trying to make a commission off me. So here I am!
To start out I'll ask some newbie questions since this is the newbie forum. (If this isn't allowed here, please direct me where I can ask all these basics!)

I have already done all the research I could but there are just some things I can't seem to find or I just need a general opinion on.

Can someone please water down for me the differences between the Wranglers; Sport, Sport S, Rubicon, Sahara, and Moab? I've compared them on Jeep.com and am noticing some features are different but not really getting a good grasp on it. I'm someone who is not a hardcore off-roader. I just want to know which one would be best for me.

What is YT, JK, CJ, and YJ? And what do they stand for? (Ok I didn’t do any research on this one but I figured, while I’m at asking questions...)

When purchasing a Jeep, if I choose to buy one without the step rails, can I eventually add them on if I buy a mod elsewhere?

Are there some Wrangler models that have a significantly higher amount of mods you can buy? I am interested in getting hood, front bumper, grille, and possibly a lift kit eventually. I would like to have the most options availble to me.

I am such a newbie, it's embarassing but I'm hoping this community is nice lol.

Welcome!
Ask Way! Only dumb questions are the ones you didn't ask.

I'll post up a few links to answer the jeep history questions.
For the most part sport, X, rubicon,Sahara Moab, freedom.... Are option packages but may not be consistent through models. Model years like CJ, YJ, TJ, JK...
Basic CJ, YJ, TJ, Jk... Are the grouping of model years for the body style.

Jeep History-wrangler, CJ TJ...
https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-wrangler-history-closer-look-americas-favorite-off-roader/

Is defined
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jeep_vehicles

TJ trim level specs..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_(TJ)
There was one WIKI with all model years, trims and specs, but I can't find it.
Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:

Can someone please water down for me the differences between the Wranglers; Sport, Sport S, Rubicon, Sahara, and Moab? I've compared them on Jeep.com and am noticing some features are different but not really getting a good grasp on it. I'm someone who i
s not a hardcore off-roader. I just want to know which one would be best for me.

When purchasing a Jeep, if I choose to buy one without the step rails, can I eventually add them on if I buy a mod elsewhere?
Are there some Wrangler models that have a significantly higher amount of mods you can buy? I am interested in getting hood, front bumper, grille, and possibly a lift kit eventually. I would like to have the most options availble to me.
So many questions so little time...Wranglers have one of the largest if not the largest support for cool aftermarket parts. The only limit will be your budget! Check out the big venders like quadratec.com, northridge 4x4 etc. If your not a "hard core" and funds are mild then the Sport should be fine and if a bit more options consider the Sahara line and if you aspire to be hard core one day and can swing the funds there is the Rubicon with all the lockers, better transfer case etc

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back