I just bought my first Jeep...and I'm clueless...(2005 Wrangler x - stock everything)

JOBO

Hi, I'm Jobo, and I just bought my first Jeep a few days ago! I haven't even taken possession of it as we're waiting for my personal check to clear. It is a white, 2005 Wrangler X with a 4.0l I-6 MPI engine, 6-speed manual, 105K miles ...and everything appears to be stock. I live on the west coast of Florida just north of Clearwater.
IMG_9623.png

That Jeep should serve you well. It's like a blank canvas at this point, so you can figure out where you want to go with it. As the sayng goes, Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket. Having a master plan for the Jeep will help prevent spending money on some upgrade only to later find the former upgrade needs to come off to accomodate the subsequent upgrade.

A good first project is to install a cage upgrade. RockHard4X4 sells a kit you can do yourself. Take your time to paint the cage kit before installing.

Welcome to Jeepz.com!
I've got an 05 with the 4.0 and love it.

I think the first thing you should do is take the doors off. If they've never been off it may take quite a bit of effort, but it's worth it.

Congrats on your new toy, it looks really nice. Are you planning to modify it?

I'm still learning about how to reply here...sorry for this post.

Last edited:
Welcome to Jeepz.com!
I've got an 05 with the 4.0 and love it.

I think the first thing you should do is take the doors off. If they've never been off it may take quite a bit of effort, but it's worth it.

Thanks...I'm glad to hear you love yours. I'm definitely gonna take the doors off soon.

Congrats on your new toy, it looks really nice. Are you planning to modify it?

Hi, I do want to do some mods...but as I said...I'm a newbie. I have so much to learn about what kind of mods there are out there. The first things are to get new rims / tires...and a hitch for my small motor boat.

That Jeep should serve you well. It's like a blank canvas at this point, so you can figure out where you want to go with it. As the sayng goes, Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket. Having a master plan for the Jeep will help prevent spending money on some upgrade only to later find the former upgrade needs to come off to accomodate the subsequent upgrade.

A good first project is to install a cage upgrade. RockHard4X4 sells a kit you can do yourself. Take your time to paint the cage kit before installing.

Hey Jeepergeo...
Thanks for the welcome and insight. I'll look into the RockHard cage.

Back