I just bought my first Jeep...and I'm clueless...(2005 Wrangler x - stock everything)

Hi, I'm Jobo, and I just bought my first Jeep a few days ago! I haven't even taken possession of it as we're waiting for my personal check to clear. It is a white, 2005 Wrangler X with a 4.0l I-6 MPI engine, 6-speed manual, 105K miles ...and everything appears to be stock. I live on the west coast of Florida just north of Clearwater.
    I just bought my first Jeep...and I'm clueless...(2005 Wrangler x - stock everything)-img_9623.png

Re: I just bought my first Jeep...and I'm clueless...(2005 Wrangler x - stock everyth

That Jeep should serve you well. It's like a blank canvas at this point, so you can figure out where you want to go with it. As the sayng goes, Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket. Having a master plan for the Jeep will help prevent spending money on some upgrade only to later find the former upgrade needs to come off to accomodate the subsequent upgrade.

A good first project is to install a cage upgrade. RockHard4X4 sells a kit you can do yourself. Take your time to paint the cage kit before installing.

Re: I just bought my first Jeep...and I'm clueless...(2005 Wrangler x - stock everyth

Welcome to Jeepz.com!
    I've got an 05 with the 4.0 and love it.

I think the first thing you should do is take the doors off. If they've never been off it may take quite a bit of effort, but it's worth it.
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

“He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

Congrats!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

5. Re: I just bought my first Jeep...and I'm clueless...(2005 Wrangler x - stock everyth

Congrats on your new toy, it looks really nice. Are you planning to modify it?

I'm still learning about how to reply here...sorry for this post.
    Last edited by JOBO; 06-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMason View Post
    Welcome to Jeepz.com!
    I've got an 05 with the 4.0 and love it.

I think the first thing you should do is take the doors off. If they've never been off it may take quite a bit of effort, but it's worth it.
    Thanks...I'm glad to hear you love yours. I'm definitely gonna take the doors off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by autonoob View Post
    Congrats on your new toy, it looks really nice. Are you planning to modify it?
    Hi, I do want to do some mods...but as I said...I'm a newbie. I have so much to learn about what kind of mods there are out there. The first things are to get new rims / tires...and a hitch for my small motor boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
    That Jeep should serve you well. It's like a blank canvas at this point, so you can figure out where you want to go with it. As the sayng goes, Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket. Having a master plan for the Jeep will help prevent spending money on some upgrade only to later find the former upgrade needs to come off to accomodate the subsequent upgrade.

A good first project is to install a cage upgrade. RockHard4X4 sells a kit you can do yourself. Take your time to paint the cage kit before installing.
    Hey Jeepergeo...
    Thanks for the welcome and insight. I'll look into the RockHard cage.

Quote Originally Posted by JPNinPA View Post
    Congrats!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
    Thank you...I'm very excited.