New guy from NC

Scsmith42

Howdy all.

I live on a farm with a sawmill operation outside of Raleigh NC. Recently I acquired a 1974 CJ5 project jeep that I'm planning to bring back to life to use around the farm. It's in overall solid condition; the seller had owned it for 17 years but it's been parked for the last two. It's been sitting outside so the paint looks bad but it's not rusted through anywhere.

When I was in my 20's I lived on a ranch in West Texas and we had a stock 1972 CJ5 as a ranch jeep. I've never forgotten how well suited it was for farm and ranch work, so I jumped at the chance to buy the '74.

My 74 is fairly stock, with the exception of a 4" lift and some 34" tires / rims. I'm planning to keep it relatively stock, as this will be a work vehicle for me instead of a play toy. I would like to keep it streetable in case I want to take it to town, etc.

Because it's been sitting for 2 years, I'm planning to rebuild the carb, do a full tune-up, replace the fuel tank (previous owner installed a fuel cell in back because of rust problems in the tank), all fluids and filters, and a complete brake job. New differential gaskets too

I'm looking forward to leaning more from the members of this forum.

Scott

Jeep on trailer.jpg

Welcome!! And AWESOME project.
FYI there is a build page here and it would be great to follow your build.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back