New Member from NM land of Enchantment

scoutermp

Hello,
I am new member from NM.
I have bought a wonderful 99 Jeep Wrangler 5 months ago with low mileage, putting into the garage for safe keeping out of the sun. To say the least I have not put that many miles on the Jeep before I rolled it on our first Snow storm of the season. I did not get hurt and am very thankful for the roll cage. I am now repairing it and need some help. I am in the process of realigning the rear axel and install new support members. I have put new coil springs and upper and lower supports on both sides . Re-welded the track bar where it crack the weld. I left the old track bar in temp to see where the axel set in reference to the frame. I have figured from the frame I am about 3/8" off being equal on each side however the old track bar is 2" from its mount hole. I have order a new track bar but I can't see where the old one can be out 2 ". Is there anything I should be looking at? The Jeep does not have a lift lit on it. I know I will need to have it check out by a mechanic shop for proper alignment and safety before putting it back on the road.

Thank you

Pics would be helpful.

Be sure your axel isn’t bent. Depending on how hard you flipped it could bend. If you just laid it over on its side, maybe not.
Verify the track bar isn’t bent or the control arms.

Most importantly the brake lines and the parking brake is intact and working. No kinked lines. Stopping is more important than anything.
With the tires in the ground you should be able to push the body over to make it meet. But 2in is a lot.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Another thing.!!!! Be sure the body mounts didn’t break off.
Be sure your frame is still square. Might be worth a body shop verifying it if it was a bad roll.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back