Are there any NM wheelers out there?

I just got my heap last week... I do know there are some forest roads up in ruidoso and capitan that my wife and I wanna check out. Here in Roswell we have some places down by the Pecos. Let us know if y'all wanna meet up in Doso one weekend.

I just got my heap last week... I do know there are some forest roads up in ruidoso and capitan that my wife and I wanna check out. Here in Roswell we have some places down by the Pecos. Let us know if y'all wanna meet up in Doso one weekend.

We have a run planned here in Alamogordo on the 19th, let me know if you are interested. vstargirl1@hotmail.com

I'm here in Las Cruces, making several runs down in to the Coronado and Coralittos Sand Reach, in the New Mexican Desert Commons. Just returned to the forum here after a while as I have been away and out of country to Central America and South America regions, down to Cape Horn and such.

Here is my Jeep, VEX:

Thanks,

Robert

Attachments

• DesertReach1o.jpg
    DesertReach1o.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 592
  • Winch1.jpg
    Winch1.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 176
  • VEX-Excursion1a.jpg
    VEX-Excursion1a.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 740
  • VEX-Exucrsion1c.jpg
    VEX-Exucrsion1c.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 415
I'm here in Las Cruces, making several runs down in to the Coronado and Coralittos Sand Reach, in the New Mexican Desert Commons. Just returned to the forum here after a while as I have been away and out of country to Central America and South America regions, down to Cape Horn and such.

Here is my Jeep, VEX:

Thanks,

Robert

Robert, ok first that is one SWEET Jeep! @nd I think we are related (LOL) My last name is Stephens also.:)

Robert, ok first that is one SWEET Jeep! @nd I think we are related (LOL) My last name is Stephens also.:)

Wow, perhaps, but I was an only child--darn!!! Everyone in my life is gone now so all my "family" is down home in the Yucatan, Majahual city and I am the only gringo there and love it.

Do you have any photos of yourself and also are you in the Las Cruces region for Jeep trips with you and yours perhaps?

image-missing.png

Me-YIKES!--almost like 800 miles of really bad road!

image-missing.png

I interface with a group here in Las Cruces that all have TJs and they go on some excursions with GFs, wives and families. None do or can go on long long excursions and none have passports to cross the border at Antelope Wells, in the south west corner of the state, into the Void, of the Coronado Desert Commons.

Thank you for the comments on VEX, my Jeep. Much appreciated. Wow on your last name too. I am Robert A.M. Stephens.

Robert

OH well, we both still like Jeeps. Maybe we can get a run going over there in LC sometime.

OH well, we both still like Jeeps. Maybe we can get a run going over there in LC sometime.

That would be wonderful. Where are you in the state? And looking at your profile can you provide info on your Jeep. Too cool. Do you have family there to bring where you are at here in NM?

A run for the US-Border Patrol and US-Customs is coming up for me on a run along the border on the Santitos Reach, as they want to rent VEX and I for the run and reconn. You are welcome to join with you and yours if you wish--(anyone else with passports and set up rough are welcome as well).

Thank you in advance,

Robert

That would be wonderful. Where are you in the state? And looking at your profile can you provide info on your Jeep. Too cool. Do you have family there to bring where you are at here in NM?

A run for the US-Border Patrol and US-Customs is coming up for me on a run along the border on the Santitos Reach, as they want to rent VEX and I for the run and reconn. You are welcome to join with you and yours if you wish--(anyone else with passports and set up rough are welcome as well).

Thank you in advance,

Robert

Robert , I would LOVE to go on that run! I was in the BP academy in 2008 but got hurt during "Stacking" and could not get back in again. I was at the Deming station for almost a year, but that is another story.
Let me know when that is going to take place and I/we will be there! My husbands Jeep is missing a few teeth on the front ring gear from our last trip to Moab, so he will have to ride with me(LOL).
Thanks again!

OH Yeah, I have a 2002 TJ...........
image-missing.png
she is the reason I work for a living! LOL

Wow, how cool-awesome. I will then look for you both and PM you when I know more. This will be great. Others have expressed an interest and we can work the passport out for those that do not possess such. Wonderful and thank you for the quit answer back. Your Jeep rocks of course!!!! Love all these husband wife teams here. New to me.

Robert

I will PM you here with my phone and address and such, so you have contact here with me with you and yours. Too fun. Love it and thank you.

Robert

I live in Texas but I will be working in n.m. every other week, not sure where yet they haven't decided.
2000 tj with 2.25 lift w/ 31's
Just started jeepin not long ago

I live in Texas but I will be working in n.m. every other week, not sure where yet they haven't decided.
2000 tj with 2.25 lift w/ 31's
Just started jeepin not long ago

Excellent! Let us know if you will be near Las Cruces or Alamogordo and maybe we can go wheelin'. I am in the middle of trying to get my Jeep (s) fixed to go to Moab, UT in October.

By the way if anyone wants to go we will be there October &th -14th. Everyone is welcome to go, let me know if you want to caravan up there.

Yes. Robert A.M. Stephens here in Las Cruces, NM. Trying to find others to go exploring with. And too, anyone with passports so we can jump across into the Sonora Desert down about 400 miles and get to the Cabrillo Aztec ruins and reconn that region. Anyone and takers?

I'm back inside the USA and thought I would post this update to everyone here in LC. Thanks you folks for the replies. I am still available and would love to Jeep with someone/anyone.

Thank you in advance. 575-636-0260-cell/NASA

Bless,

Robert

Last edited:
Back