Factory axles

sp864aw

I've got a '93 Wrangler and worry about how well it's built.
Anybody know if I should worry about my factory axles busting on moderate offroad trails?:???:

Welcome to the Z. The factory axles will generally last running up to a 33" tire on moderate trails. Harder trails or larger tires will really push the limits of your Dana 30 and Dana 35 axles.

I would be more worried about the 35. The 30s live with 35s no prob. But you should be fine up to 33s

I have been running 33's on a Dana 35 for a few years and just blew up my first axle. Moderate climb on broken rock/gravely surface. Was in rear wheel drive (front wheels not pulling). This was with 30 spline alloy axle and mtg replaced it on warranty but still I think it was not a tough hill. I am going to go to D44 or 8.8 axles when I can. Everyone warns about D 35 betting weak and I am now a believer

Good luck

I have been running 33's on a Dana 35 for a few years and just blew up my first axle. Moderate climb on broken rock/gravely surface. Was in rear wheel drive (front wheels not pulling). This was with 30 spline alloy axle and mtg replaced it on warranty but still I think it was not a tough hill. I am going to go to D44 or 8.8 axles when I can. Everyone warns about D 35 betting weak and I am now a believer

Good luck

That's what I DON'T need to happen out in the boonies. I think I'll go ahead and plan for a swap-out. Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Back