Welcome new member ! Cheers !

Just thought I would say HEY from Staten Island n.y. ! I am not the off roader you guys ( and girls ) are , but my 1992 jeep cherokee XJ 4.0 H.O. Is my third four wheel drive since licensed so I thought I should join a real forum and help out with my experiences keeping my daily driver roadworthy . My first 4wd was a '78 jeep cherokee 2 dr. 360 2 bbl. top loader 4 spd. (T-18A ?) Dana 20 transfer case , and which ever Dana's front and rear . 44 & 30 ? Too long ago . Wrenched on it quite a bit maintenance wise but did use it upstate n.y. In the woods several years . Right tires , it was a great rig . Laughed at snow.
    Had to sell her due to finances at time . Regret it to this day . Second rig was a 78 Chevy blazer like chief Brody had in The first jaws movie . Rotted away despite my best attempts to keep her running mechanically . Was a 350 four bbl. auto w/ full - time gas eater . Was fun , but I am so very happy with my jeep now ! Always wished I could find the premier CJ5 , but never happened . All the smart people hold on to them FOREVER . Well , I adventure mechanically with my 92 as best I can and hope to keep her from an early demise from metallic cancer . Will,try POR 15 or something , but always got something else to fix too .
    Well , hope to be helpful with my experiences , will try to check in as I can ! Really great to know there is support out there !
    Thanks all ! Keep on truck in' !!!!!
    Never overlook the obvious . It's usually right in front of us

Re: Welcome new member ! Cheers !

Welcome to Jeepz.com. I live in Virginia, near the beach, and learned a while ago that POR15 is your friend.
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

“He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

Thank you Terry ! I am so very happy to be a member of your forum with members who share their thoughts and adventures in this great sport with great machines ! Although I have learned a lot through my own experience wrenching and driving , I welcome all member contributions and seek to share my own too . Thank you once again and look forward to a great sharing experience with all ! Thank you , Greg .

You're in the right place, there are plenty guys who know there stuff here (then there are the rest of us)
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

“He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

Thanks again for your warm welcome it's good to know I can talk to people who understand what it means to do what we do ; work on our own vehicles for our benefit and not have to explain to someone why not take your car to the quick lube for an oil change .
    At least we get it and they only do when they get the bill . Hope to help out with what I have learned up to now with my experience and if I ever get stuck on a repair or upgrade , I can ask our people for their advice . I know this forum is much more than that so I guess I will learn what it is all about too . Appreciate the creation of this forum and look forward to all and will check in soonest . Thanks again and safe wheeling