Hermiston Area cleanup April 28

AlwayswrenchN

Apr 28 Hermiston area BLM Clean up. Meet time is 10am
Same place as other clean ups. Sagebrush rd. and Bagget. We are going to focus on the north end of the property.
We have made a positive difference in this area so far, and we would like to finish what we started. The area is now fenced, but still open to public use. Entrance is in the South east corner, off Bagget Rd. Only need to bring gloves and study shoes, but shovels and rakes would help. We will provide water and garbage bags and I will bring my utility trailer with 4ft sides. BLM is taking care of garbage disposal. Anybody who could bring a small tractor with bucket, it would be put to great use. Contact Jamie with any questions 541-701-4138 call or text.
http://maps.google.com/?ll=45.880568...37379&t=h&z=15
Forum event thread
http://www.links4jeeps.com/forum/ind...cseen#msg95870

N.E.O 4 Wheelers

This was our third event in this area. In the last 14 months it has been amazing the changes that have been made with the hard work of few. During this event we had geocachers from the Walla Walla area treck over to help with the hard work. We nearly filled the large dumpster that BLM provided with tons of garbage. We were able to turn over evidence of littering (names) to BLM for investigation. We removed two large tractor tires and piles of coil shell along with matresses and and other types of garbage. Thanks to Hiteck for not smacking me when I screamed because of the mouse, I have a thing against them. Colton and Little L uncovered more nasty living things removing other garbage. JoMama, a mother and daughter team bagged several bags along with the three generations that were part of Cheveep's team. The little kids age 5 and under picked up some garbage and then took a break to play, but were quite cute and well behaved. At the end of the clean up we held a raffle and prizes were a mix of things. Rice Krispie treats were handed out and again I would like to thank everyone who attended. With the help of all of our volunteers we made a difference and have decided to conduct the clean up once a year to maintain the land.

Report by Jeepwife

Back