alloy axle shafts

GaryMB

RE: Re: Thanks for all the responses.

After talking to the guys at 4wheel parts today, I decided to go with ARB's. Since I will be replacing the carrier and rebuilding the axle, I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy some 33 or 35 spline alloy shafts for my dana 44's to help stand up to the stroker and 35's. I'd hate to buy an ARB only to find that the 30 spline shafts aren't cutting it. Also, how hard is it to run ARB's from a York?

RE: Regearing

GaryMB said:
I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy some 33 or 35 spline alloy shafts for my dana 44's to help stand up to the stroker and 35's.

They're not that expensive and if you're going to have everything apart anyway...

Absolutely.

new front axle

Does anyone know where to get alloy shafts for a good price? I checked moser and they want $315 for a pair, plus more $$ for studs and bearings.

RE: Heading South

Get those shafts. Not only are they stronger they give you piece of mind. Plus you can hold onto your stock shafts and have spares.

I was thinking that if I get the mosers, I might as well get 33 or 35 spline shafts as the spline count doesn't affect the price, or just get the biggest ones I can fit in the housing...which would mean I couldn't use the stock ones as spares. If it is better to stick with the stock 30 spline count, let me know. Also, what about gears? I'll be buying new gears soon...are there any brands that make gears that are stronger than the replacement spicer ones?

Well, wish me luck!

The more splines the better. It's stronger. 35 spline axles can be found in dana 60s! Its like putting dana 60 axles in a dana 44 houseing.

RE: Well, wish me luck!

And alloy dana 60 axles at that! Wow, I better fab up some sturdy trusses to match the strength of those axle shafts.

Back