what should i do

49willy

I have a 1949 CJ 3A that needs full restoration and im not in the position to do that really, i dont have a shop or anything i just have basic tools and not alot of time or money to put into it. it will take years and thousands of dollars. I found a 1978 J 20 truck for 1700.oo in what seems to be good condition. Description is as follows: 360/auto, full time 4WD, runs great, lots of new parts, lots of extra parts, needs TLC, 9500 # winch, p/seats,k pw,. pl., pb., ps., custom dash w/autometer gauges. 58,000 miles. $1700 obo.

I dont know how old/new the picture of it is but it looks nice no rust or anything. i could sell the jeep i have now for 1000 (maybe more?) because i know a guy that will.

anyways, should i sell the willy and get the j 20?

Hmm, that's a tough one. They are both nice jeeps but considering that you don't have the time or money to spend on the willys then I would get the J20 and start wheelin'. It sounds like it's ready to go compared to the willys.

Go with the J20. Drive it and have a good time. I don't mind a project, but if you have to work on if for a year before you go for a test drive, then it isn't worth it.

This truck has been on craigslist near me for some time now for $5500. I'd get it before I did a ground up of my own - probably alot cheaper to buy someone else's project

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/443181279.html

Attachments

• 01021201040501030720071008ba58ff55cbd15a7cea00b693.jpg
    01021201040501030720071008ba58ff55cbd15a7cea00b693.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 172
Hmmm..no shop, no tools, no time, no money and trying to get into one of the most addictive hobbies around. Welcome to the brotherhood!

another problem is this truck is 5 hours north from where i live and i dont want to go there and find out i dont want it

Make a day trip out of it. If it turns out you dont want/like the truck then it is only gas but if you do, then from what i have read you get yourself a nice truck and can start wheeling right away.

I drove 19hours (1 way) from Denver to Detroit to pick up a set of axles. THEN drove back with em. It made for a fun road trip.

Bacon

Solution!

Buy the J20, give me the CJ! I will surely give it a good home

i will gladly sell u the willy. and some one got to the owner of the j20 before i did, DAMNIT.:bomb: :x .....life goes on. i really wanted that though it was perfect. guess i will keep lookin.

Back