help, no power to fuel pump/injectors

mcgbail

I got up one morning and went to start my 97 TJ wrangler and it was dead. Put it on a charger and my headlights came on without the switch being on I figured that the switch shorted and drained my battery. The jeep turns over but will not start. Checked my grounds and there fine but not getting any power to the fuel pump relay nor to the injectors. Could my computer be fried? Any help would be great. Thank you

Remove the Distributor cap and turn the rotor with your finger and see if it's loose..If it is, remove the distributor assembly and check the distributor drive gear..

If the PCM does not see a Reference on which cylinder the coil will ignite, then all the injectors will not fire as well..

That does make sense. That would be great if that's it. Thanks I will post what I find out.

That does make sense. That would be great if that's it. Thanks I will post what I find out.
Actually, No. That will not be good..Not to cause panic, if it is a failure on the Distributor Gear, That would mean your going to need a camshaft and a Distributor Gear..At this point we are just in the process of elimimation of what it could be thats causing a Crank with no start..

Back