Carb for 258

statewide

I an a newbie to this site, it came very highly recommended from friends on a Dodge Cummings Forum site!!!! I am going to change out the tired carter BBD. I am told that the best bet would be a Weber K551, I am also hearing a lot of good feed back on the MC 2100... They are both close in price so that is not my issue, It is a daily driver and trails in the forest on the weekend. Any info will be grateful. Thanks, Paul

Can't go wrong with the MC 2100, i ran one before I switched to EFI and it never gave me any problems. Then again, there are plenty of people who have had success with the weber as well.

Weber is OK only if you get a good one out of the box and they don't all come that way. Under the "been there done that" category the one I bought was bad and Redline (the maker of the Weber carb) left me hanging in the breeze. If you are buying a new one it says on the outside of the box "No warranty whatsoever" and from my experience they mean it. Why take the risk when the Motorcraft 2100 - 2150 is so reliable.

Well I think the MC 2100/2150 is going to be my choice, I can get them at about the same $$$... The MC is a very simple carb to work on down the road. Thanks, Paul

I an a newbie to this site, it came very highly recommended from friends on a Dodge Cummings Forum site!!!! I am going to change out the tired carter BBD. I am told that the best bet would be a Weber K551, I am also hearing a lot of good feed back on the MC 2100... They are both close in price so that is not my issue, It is a daily driver and trails in the forest on the weekend. Any info will be grateful. Thanks, Paul

The MC2100's deal, is that you get one for $25.00 to $30.00 at the nearest junkyard. You then rebuild it, (easy as pie) with a kit from the local big box parts house. (Advance Auto, Autozone)

The adapter is Mr. Gasket #1937, & you fab up some linkage using a cut off piece of the throttle lever from the BBD with it's ball stud. That gets bolted to the MC2100's lever;

IMG_0192-3.jpg

IMG_0193-3.jpg

Best to do the "Nutter bypass" with this too.
This is a Picture Guide to Nutter Bypass - JeepForum.com

Also the "TeamRush Ignition upgrade" works well with these.
Genuine Junk Yard Genius.com Ignition Upgrade, Jeep 258 CID I-6

Back