coil spring conversion??

tjlboise

Is a coil spring conversion a plausible idea on a YJ? And if so, what would be the pros and cons of this kind of project? Estimated cost? Products to use etc....

Uhhhh...nevermind. just looked it up. WOW that's expensive!!

Honestly, for the price of these hoaky bolt on coil conversion kits, Poly performance makes a kit for YJ's to perform a front 3 link and rear 4 link with tunable air shocks, the kit is designed to be a LCG kit. it is still pricey, but you are getting way more for your dollar (than what I am assuming is either the pro comp or fab tech kit)

Honestly, for the price of these hoaky bolt on coil conversion kits, Poly performance makes a kit for YJ's to perform a front 3 link and rear 4 link with tunable air shocks, the kit is designed to be a LCG kit. it is still pricey, but you are getting way more for your dollar (than what I am assuming is either the pro comp or fab tech kit)

Yeah, a coil conversion is kind of a waste of time and money. If you are going to move in that direction, a "coilover" conversion would be the way to go.

That said, I'm down with the above-mentioned KISS theory. LEaf sprung Jeeps are so much simpler, and when done right can provide the wheel travel to navigate even the toughest trails.

Back