power window to crank window

eric m

I have a few questions: is it possible to convert my power windows in my '95 gr. Cherokee to manual crank? Obviously I'll need to modify or replace my door panels, remove the electric motors and any related assyemblys and install some junkyard cherokee parts. But what all would I need to grab from the donor jeep and what all issues might I run into?

Trim panels. Handles. Window and window regulator. Sometimes they are riveted in place. A real pain especially if you are working in a wreckers. I've never seen a grand with manual windows.

Thanks for the input. To clarify I'm planning to take the regulators and cranks out of a regular cherokee (not grand) and adapting to my existing windows (the glass is fine so need to replace) and just modifying the trim panels as needed to keep costs down. I will definatly bring along a cordless drill tho to remove the regulators.

Ok. Make sure the glass mounts the same. Usually the regulators attach to the glass differently in different models. Some are clamps. Some are screws.

Jester; thank you for all the info. I'll do it bit of checking in regards to the glass attachment but I'm sure I'll be able to make it work.

I HAVE TO ask; WHY???? usually people want to convert the "other" direction..... then again my 94 Dakota has factory power windows; and I hate the switch location.

Namely its a 16 year old Jeep. Two of the windows have stopped period, the cost to replace the motors is outrageous, it's far cheaper to get some junkyard parts and take the time to convert it.

how bout junkyard motors for the 2 dead ones???? Kinda "split the difference" and no modifications needed from manual regulators; I see tons of these jeeps parted out on CL; the "hassle factor" would be less, fixing what you have.

Thought about it but not worth it...once the conversion is done I never have to mess with it again, saves money, time, % hassle in the long run.

Back