dome light

Will

I'm pretty sure this may sound really stupid,but here goes.Looking at my wrangler yesterday,thing of warm weather and taking off the top,and doors.The dome lights will stay on without the switch being closed by the doors.What??

Disconnect switch,take out light bulb,install toggle switch,leave the doors on,take to dealership and let them figure it out.

In my TJ I just take the bulb out in the summer and put it back in when I need I also put the bulb back in for the winter

The dome light switch is a very very easy install. I use it all the time on mine.
37358md-1.jpg

I just up plugged that door switch and put a toggle in the dash. very simple, all you need is a wire that is grounded to go through the switch then to the light.

Pull the fuse, or install the switch. I've also seen "clips" in the catalogs that hold the door pin switch in. Don't know how well they work though.

Can't find the fuse.Not labeled on the box,no reference in manual.2004 Unlimited,red with black top.( I know that really don't matter,just had to).

Dome light???? You don't need no stinkin' dome light.... It is a Jeep isn't it or we are talkin' BMers here..... Just kidding. I haven't had doors on mine for about 8 years. I just disconnected the wires by the doors. Little tape around the connectors and have been tucked away under the dash for 8 years. Good night my little dome light....LOL

i now have two dome lights. one in the back that is built into the hard top and one in the speaker bar i just installed. its going to be like day time next time the hard top is on and we get in at night, ha ha ha

Will said:
Can't find the fuse.Not labeled on the box,no reference in manual.2004 Unlimited,red with black top.( I know that really don't matter,just had to).

On my 06 unlimited, the fuse is in the lower right hand corner of the fuse box behind the glovebox.

That would be #4,unplugged it,light stayed on.

don't even need the tape if the dome light was installed correctly, you only switching ground to the light bulb. so that wire is just a ground (switched) connection.. of course the plug for it has to be in good shape or it will turn your light on everytime it bounces to ground..

Will said:
That would be #4,unplugged it,light stayed on.

The dome light is on a delay timer from the key, it should only stay on about 5 or 10 seconds after pulling the key out (with fuse removed) then go out. That's how my 06 is anyway. My fuse listings are on a sticker on the back of the glove box.

Back