87 YJ, no spark - New coil, ignition module, condenser, distributor HELP!

ce2swanson

I have a 87 Wrangler YJ, 4.2 6cyl. Recently, a year ago, new parts are Radiator, Webber Carb, distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs and so on. Two weeks ago I went to start it and it cranked but would not start. I can smell and see the fuel, even tried starter fluid and still nothing. Once in the garage I pulled a plug and turned it over, no spark. I replaced the coil, no spark. I replaced the ignition module, no spark. I replace the condenser, no spark. I replace the distributor with a new pickup, still no spark. I'm out of things to replace and need a little assistance.

If you were to measure resistance from your engine block to the negative battery terminal it should be less than one ohm.

As cables corrode and constant points oxidize the resistance will increase.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I was just looking for a crank position sensor online and it looks like my jeep, 87 with 6cyl did not have one. I will check to see if I have a high resistance ground tomorrow, I need to get this thing running.
Thanks

I measured the res and = 0.2ohms. No problem with the ground. When I turn on the ignition should I have a + at the distributor connector? I currently do not have a + at the distributor with key on. Where would be a good site to locate the wiring schematic?

It could be bad coil, starter relay, and ignition control unit.
IMG_3055.JPG

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back