Mirror Movers

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Mirror Movers - Relocate your Wrangler mirrors and take your doors off.

I love taking the doors off of my 2005 Wrangler, but in Virginia, you have to have side mirrors to stay legal. Thanks to Quadratec, I was able to move my mirrors from the door, onto the body of the jeep using these:

The are manufactured by Sunperformance (part number TJP004-03).

http://www.jeepz.com/forum/4x4-vendors/24192-mirror-relocation-brackets-light-brackets.html

The work well, and are very sturdy, overall I'm happy with them.

The only negatives I are that the mirror is now moved farther forward, and the passenger side mirror is difficult to see with the doors on. Also, if you open your door wide, you will bump into, and move the mirror. To fix this, I purchased new, adjustable door limiting straps from Quadratec.com

Attachments

• IMG_1353small.JPG
    IMG_1353small.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_1354small.JPG
    IMG_1354small.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 511
  • Jeep_Wrangler_mirror_relocation_bracketl.JPG
    Jeep_Wrangler_mirror_relocation_bracketl.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,988
Last edited:

The before photos

The before photos

Attachments

• Jeep_Wrangler_mirror_relocation_bracketl.JPG
    Jeep_Wrangler_mirror_relocation_bracketl.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_1353small.JPG
    IMG_1353small.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_1354small.JPG
    IMG_1354small.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 385
The after photos:

Attachments

• IMG_1355small.JPG
    IMG_1355small.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1357small.JPG
    IMG_1357small.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 5,435
  • IMG_1358small.JPG
    IMG_1358small.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 498
Here, the driver side has the mirror mover installed, while the passenger side does not

Attachments

• IMG_1359small.JPG
    IMG_1359small.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 483

When my wife had her 2000 TJ, I also added the mirror relocation brackets.

A problem I had with them is after a year in Ohio the paint on them started to chip and rust up.
So paying the extra for the stainless steel would be well worth it.

I went to a Harley Davidson MC dealer & bought a couple of extended arm MC mirrors. Threaded at the bottom, they just slip into the door hinge holes. Easy to remove when you put the doors back on.

Did you do anything about the holes in the door hinge? Just curious in case I do this next summer.

I just left them empty. One thing I did have to do was buy some touch up paint, and paint where the original mirrors had rubbed the paint off the door. I may go back and put some painted bolts into the empty holes.

I've done the same on my TJ (a number of years now) - and I have a couple of observations. The passenger side mirror is worthless now - doors on or off. You may be in compliance with the law, but you won't see anything out of it. I am going to move my passenger mirror back to the door - I don't think I need them both in CA to stay compliant...and if I do....I don't really care.

Also, with respect to: "...if you open your door wide, you will bump into, and move the mirror. To fix this, I purchased new, adjustable door limiting straps from Quadratec.com." - Save yourself a few bucks - just twist your current straps a couple of times and then loop over the holding pin and you will shorten them to whatever length you like.

I just wanted to present a few nuggets of wisdom that I have learned on the topic.

See you out there on the trail!

Last edited:
The after photos:

I used these relocation_brackets from warrior products, and was not totally satisfied. The passenger side mirror moves realy bad with the wind and the bumps in the road, and its almost impossible to see out of them when the doors are on. also more expensive than yours. Wish i had seen these i would have went with them.

jbdayojeep posted:
"I went to a Harley Davidson MC dealer & bought a couple of extended arm MC mirrors. Threaded at the bottom, they just slip into the door hinge holes. Easy to remove when you put the doors back on."

I have been screwing around with this mirror relocation business for hours. None of the bracket solutions seem very attractive. The extended arm MC mirrors sound real possible (What are MC mirrors?) I would like more inf on what I am looking for at the Harley dealership.
Also, I just saw an ad someplace on this site for snap-on mirrors from a company called (I swear) "Rocodile." Anybody know anything about that?

I also use the harley Mirror. I had one in the garage. It fits right in the hole. Mine is a custom mirror. I would buy the stock , square rerplacement mirror. It must be harley because i think the others use a thicker shaft.

Re: Mirror Movers - Relocate your Wrangler mirrors and take your doors off.

I bought some cheap round MC universal mirrors off of Ebay...works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back