Jeep Cargo Carrier

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Cargo Carrier for All Jeeps

I had been complaining for some time about the lack of storage in my jeep, so my wife was nice enough to get this cargo carrier as a Christmas present for me.

Overall, I like it alot. It holds quite a bit of weight, and is large enough to hold any thing I can throw onto it (holds 500 lbs)

One downside is that it is large and heavy, so storage is a problem. Also, since I have a 31" spare tire, the tailgate won't open with this carrier on (this is a problem with my oversize spare, not the carrier).

Erin (my better half) purchased it from Quadratec (link here Hidden Hitch Class III Basket Carrier - Quadratec ). The shipping was speedy, but the packaging was very poor (you can see from the photos).

Price was $159 plus shipping.

Here is the quadratec description:
Attach or remove in seconds. Made of durable black powder-coated steel, this beauty can handle up to 500 lbs. of gear. Perfect for campers, hunters or hauling garden equipment. One model attaches any standard 2" opening receiver hitch with supplied parts. No drilling or modifications required.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Product Details
Receiver Hitch is sold separately.Attach or remove in seconds. Made of durable black powder-coated steel, this beauty can handle up to 500 lbs. of gear. Perfect for campers, hunters or hauling garden equipment. One model attaches any standard 2" opening receiver hitch with supplied parts. No drilling or modifications required.

Description
# 500 lbs. capacity
# 61.5" L x 25.5" W x 5.5" H
# 11" L Drawbar (2" square)

# Features & BenefitsCan be shipped via courier
# Extremely lightweight
# Powdercoated finish
# New attractive design

Attachments

• IMG_1758small.JPG
    IMG_1758small.JPG
    394.2 KB · Views: 9,117
  • IMG_1759small.JPG
    IMG_1759small.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 2,876
  • IMG_1760small.JPG
    IMG_1760small.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 1,496
Last edited:

More photos

Attachments

• IMG_1756small.JPG
    IMG_1756small.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_1757small.JPG
    IMG_1757small.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 7,927
  • IMG_1763small.JPG
    IMG_1763small.JPG
    430.2 KB · Views: 1,690
  • jeep_cargo_carrier_instructions.jpg
    jeep_cargo_carrier_instructions.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:
I've got something similar, Terry, and yes, they are great for external storage. We go back to the mountains every once in a while and haul our two dogs with us. The rack comes in handy but, like you say, when loaded it makes the "tailgate" pretty much useless. Mine's not quite as big, but got it on a "Christmas Sale" at walmart a couple years ago - $25 out the door (couldn't pass it up). You might want to look into the various roof racks - a bit pricey but well worth it! You would not believe the stuff you can put up there!!

Got an aluminum one from harbor freight. $60.00

Terry, grab three lug nuts from the parts store and you can easily modify the stock tire carrier to raise the spare slightly. Problem solved.

Back