Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount

While searching for an antenna mount for my Jeep Wrangler TJ, I came across this on ebay. It's made by Arizona Rocky Road, and sold on Ebay (or at least that's where I purchased it). In my opinion, it's well made and simple - getting the job done nicely without costing too much.

One thing that I would suggest - if your new antenna is a rigid type, and sticks up above the roof line, I'd install a spring base like I did. This will keep limbs from breaking off your new antenna.
    Last edited by TerryMason; 02-03-2009 at 12:04 AM.

What's included with the CB mount

Here's what comes in the package - The mount itself, and some instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1154_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1155_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod. -Compressions 8.7:1

Installing the Wrangler CB mount

To install the CB mount, you just need to remove your spare tire, then take off your tire mount, and bolt it to the tire mount and the body.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1158_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1159_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1160_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1161_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1166_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Last edited by TerryMason; 02-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Wrangler CB mount - finished product

And some shots of the finished mount. Overall I think this is the best mounting option for a Wrangler antenna - well worth the money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1167_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1171_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-img_1173_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-jeep-cb-antenna-mount-006_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount-jeep-cb-antenna-mount-005_wrangler_cb_antenna.jpg  

Re: Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount

That does seem like it would work well, as long as the top is off. I can see the antenna whipping a hole in your top if you trail ride where a lot of trees are.
    Life is a trip, so give me another hit!
    SDMF

Re: Arizona Rocky Road Wrangler CB Antenna Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Itchee96 View Post
    That does seem like it would work well, as long as the top is off. I can see the antenna whipping a hole in your top if you trail ride where a lot of trees are.

I've only been offroading with it on once, and it really didn't seem to be a problem. The spring I purchased for the base is pretty stiff, so you will hear the antenna whack my top, but it takes a tree pulling the antenna back for that to happen. I won't hit the top due to just driving or wind.
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod. -Compressions 8.7:1