aFe Cold Air Intake

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I had been planned on installing a cold air intake for some time, and after looking at a number of kits (it seems like everyone is making one these days) I settled on the aFe. The aFe (advanced flow engineering) intake is a well thought out kit that includes everything you'll need. The filter is available in either standard paper filter or an oiled version - I went with the paper version to make cleaning easier.

When UPS dropped off the package I was a bit nervous, as it (the box) seemed pretty beat up, and I could feel things rolling around inside. It turns out that was no big deal, as everything in the package was break resistant, but still it wasn't a great first impression.

aFe-cold-air-intake-01.jpg

aFe-cold-air-intake-02.jpg

Once I pulled everything out of the box and laid it out I was fairly pleased. The kit is complete, and even included three window stickers and a license plate frame - so other drivers would know how fast I was ;-)

aFe-cold-air-intake-03.jpg

The instructions were well thought out and made installing the kit a breeze. You can see my full install here.

aFe-wrangler-cold-air-intake-install-instructions.jpg

Also included in the kit were detailed instructions on how to clean the filter

aFe-wrangler-intake-cleaning-instructions.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with this kit. It isn't any louder than stock at idle (although it is louder than stock when you are at wide open throttle), and it seems to work well.

Last edited:

aFe intake after a mudding trip

Here are shots of my intake after a trip out on the trails. As you can see it did a fairly good job of keeping mud off of the filter and out of the engine.

Attachments

• after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 001.jpg
    after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 001.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 2,138
  • after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 002.jpg
    after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 002.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,640
  • after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 003.jpg
    after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 003.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,257
  • after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 004.jpg
    after-mudding-Jeep-air-intake 004.jpg