1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Posts
    8,121

    Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)

    This is a Rough Country trackbar bracket that's designed to restore the correct angle of your trackbar. I've lifted my 2005 Wrangler 2.5 inches, but was still running the stock rear trackbar - what this did was compress the rear suspension, and pull my axle slightly to one side.

    This is a simple and effective solution to that. It goes on fairly easily (read my install here) and is dirt cheap. It's not as good as replacing the trackbar with an adjustable one, but it is a fraction of the price.

    Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)-01-rough-country-rear-trackbar.jpg

    Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)-02-rough-country-jeep-rear-trackbar.jpg

    Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)-03-jeep-rear-trackbar-bracket.jpg

    Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)-14-rear-bracket-jeep.jpg

    Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)-track-bar-install-instructions.jpg

  2. #2
    I have this on my 98 GC Laredo. It is only a temp fix for a real track bar replacement. When turning and going over a pavement transition i can feel the back end shift over the axel. Turns out the bracket cannot hold the torsion from high loads. Also it had to be moved ever so slightly as it ran into my exhaust. Still recommend getting an adjustable on from kevinsoffroad.com.
    If I Wanted A Hummer I Would Have Asked Your Sister!

    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2L (Up-Country)
    4" Rough Country X-Flex Short Arm Kit (KOR Installed)
    Hydro 9000 Shocks
    Kevins Off-Road Adjustable Front Track Bar
    Custom Built Heavy Duty Front Driveline
    Limited Slip Dana 30 Front/Limited Slip Dana 44 Rear
    Ballistic Fabrication 1.5" Wheel Spacers
    31" BFGs
    250000+ Miles And Sill Running Strong

  3. #3
    I bought the rough country rear adjustable track bar and bracket. Wouldn't recommend it at all. The track bar joint is too big for the bracket. Why do you think its so cheap???????

  4. Re: Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)

    Quote Originally Posted by myjeepdestroys View Post
    I bought the rough country rear adjustable track bar and bracket. Wouldn't recommend it at all. The track bar joint is too big for the bracket. Why do you think its so cheap???????
    Give me a call 1-800-222-7023 ask for Dustin @ ext 110. This is not a problem that I have heard of but I will definitely get it taken care of for you. We stand behind all of our products and offer lifetime warranty.
    Get a 10% Jeepz.com member discount off of all Rough Country products when you call 1-800-222-7023 and ask for Dustin @ ext 110.

  5. #5
    If calling is like your customer service I'm not going to bother. I also bought the rear adjustable track bar and its useless. The Heim spacers won't even fit. I can only put one spacer on my Heim rod end and put the bolt on. I peeled off the rough country sticker on my jeep. Done using anything related to the company.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)

    I don't know anything about their support, but Dustin's a good guy - I've talked to him on the phone 2 or 3 times. Give him a call and see if he can help.
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

    He who is without oil shall throw the first rod. -Compressions 8.7:1

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RoughCountry

    Give me a call 1-800-222-7023 ask for Dustin @ ext 110. This is not a problem that I have heard of but I will definitely get it taken care of for you. We stand behind all of our products and offer lifetime warranty.
    That seems like decent customer service to me.. You're on a jeep forum providing customer service! I've been looking into getting the 4" lift for my YJ with tax money. =] would you recommend it? The offroad shop I went to said he wouldn't offer your company in the past and now he says it's great and installs a bunch.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryMason
    This is a Rough Country trackbar bracket that's designed to restore the correct angle of your trackbar. I've lifted my 2005 Wrangler 2.5 inches, but was still running the stock rear trackbar - what this did was compress the rear suspension, and pull my axle slightly to one side.

    This is a simple and effective solution to that. It goes on fairly easily (read my install here) and is dirt cheap. It's not as good as replacing the trackbar with an adjustable one, but it is a fraction of the price.

    <img src="http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5903"/>

    <img src="http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5904"/>

    <img src="http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5905"/>

    <img src="http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5906"/>

    <img src="http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5907"/>
    After reading this I noticed that I too have a slight lean. Im not sure if its due to the lift or not, and im also not 100% sure of how much of a lift it is. Im gonna give this little doo hickey a shot, and see if it helps. Thanks for the insight. Im still learning about jeeps, and I love it when information is provided like this.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need...roads

  9. #9
    Guess I should have read that its only for the TJ....any suggestions for the YJ, besides an adjustable trackbar, which is way more than I can afford at the moment?
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need...roads

  10. #10
    I swear Rough Country is mentally challenged. I just ordered ADJUSTABLE lower control arms from rough country. They sent me the non adjustable style they won't even make anymore. So they charged me 100 for a set when days prior another employee was going to charge me 50 for a set. I'm from up North, I don't bang my sister and passed the third grade. Better yet I have a bachelors degree and all my teeth. ROUGH COUNTRY SUCKS their the biggest let down besides Obama.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Jeepz

  11. Re: Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)

    Quote Originally Posted by myjeepdestroys View Post
    I swear Rough Country is mentally challenged. I just ordered ADJUSTABLE lower control arms from rough country. They sent me the non adjustable style they won't even make anymore. So they charged me 100 for a set when days prior another employee was going to charge me 50 for a set. I'm from up North, I don't bang my sister and passed the third grade. Better yet I have a bachelors degree and all my teeth. ROUGH COUNTRY SUCKS their the biggest let down besides Obama.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Jeepz
    I apologize for the mix up on the arms. If you will give me a call I will get you fixed up 1-800-222-7023.
    Get a 10% Jeepz.com member discount off of all Rough Country products when you call 1-800-222-7023 and ask for Dustin @ ext 110.

  12. Re: Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)

    Reading a few posts and ran across this one.. Not really sure what you stand behind on your lifetime warranty.. or even your 60 day satisfaction guarentee.. I have a couple concerns of my own and becoming very displeased through the whole bit. Do not want to bash the company, but I hope it gets resolved.

  13. Re: Rough Country Rear Trackbar Bracket (Wrangler TJ)

    Rough Country has some good customer service. Ask for Dustin!

Similar Threads

  1. Rough Country is here!!!!!
    By RoughCountry in forum 4x4 Vendors
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
  2. Jeep TJ Rear Trackbar Bracket Install
    By TerryMason in forum Suspension
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
  3. installed trackbar relocation bracket - problems!!!
    By TwistedCU in forum Cherokee, Commander, Wagoneer and Liberty
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in