Skinny Pedal Jeep TJ Amp Bracket

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
This is a straight forward mount for your Jeep's aftermarket amplifier from Skinny Pedal. The bracket looks pretty simple, and my first thought was "hey, I could have made this!", however after spending about an hour wrestling it into place, I've since changed my mind. The small amount of space available under the dash would make test fitting your amp and fabbing up a bracket from scratch a nightmare.

This bracket is made to hold an Apline PDX amp (or similar), and mounts behind the dash, above the brake pedal, attached to the steering column. There is just barely enough room under the dash for this bracket and the amp to fit, but once you manage to get this into place, it's a perfect solution.

So now, not only is my amp out of sight of thieves, but it's also shielded from light rain and damage. I'm very happy with my new amp mount, and would recomment it to anyone looking for an amp solution.

This is the bracket from Skinny Pedal.

Bracket-bottom-TJ.JPG

orininal-bracket-Jeep-Wrangler-TJ.JPG

This is how it sits on top of an Alpine PDX amp

skinny-pedal-Jeep-Wrangler-TJ.JPG

And this is how it looks after it's mounted

Amp-mount-Jeep-Wrangler-TJ.JPG

Last edited:

I ordered my Skinny pedal amp tray on a Tuesday and as promised it arrived on Friday. I was disappointed on how simple it was till I test fitted it and saw how much "engineering" went into this simple product.
The stereo shop was amazed with it as well, taking several pictures for reference for future customers.
If you have an amp and want to conceal it but still have limited access....this amp tray is for you.

If you want an amp you can conceal get the Rockford Fosgate PBR series they're approx 6" x 4" x 1" for the mono block and the four channel. You can't see mine in the dash and I didn't use a skinny pedal or any other aftermarket mount.

If you want an amp you can conceal get the Rockford Fosgate PBR series they're approx 6" x 4" x 1" for the mono block and the four channel. You can't see mine in the dash and I didn't use a skinny pedal or any other aftermarket mount.

TrailRatedRN, I purchased a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 a while back and have never got around to mounting it. How did you conceal it in your dash? Ventilation? I was thinking I'd have to buy a mount (was actually looking at Skiiny Pedal's) and go under the driver's seat.

My RF is mounted under the dash of the driver's side. I'll go get some pics for u. No heat issues. Per RF, they handle low flow situations well and can be mounted in almost any direction.

image-207366176.jpg

View from floor near shift

image-667980255.jpg

View from In front of driver seat

image-3274157886.jpg

View from gas pedal

image-976012006.jpg

Finally secure and back is broken. It's Not flat against the firewall. Impossible to access unless I cut the tie and pull it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know why it posted like that. None of the headers line up with the pics and a couple pics are broken links, then show up again as pics at the bottom of the post... weird. But you get the picture

Last edited:
Back