SpeedoHealer - correcting your speedometer

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
After installing my Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE), my speedometer was off about 12%. Normally, you could just swap in a new speedometer gear, correcting problem, but my Mega Short SYE used an electronic speed sensor (no more gears), so I needed a different option. I decided to go with the Speedohealer by Heal Tech (purchased through Blue Monkey Motorsports).

Overall I'm very impressed with this kit. It's strictly plug and play, and works great out of the box. It claims to be waterproof (and it looks it).

01-speedo-healer.JPG

02-speedo-healer-jeep.JPG

03-speedo-healer-control-box.JPG

Here's the official install documentation that was included in my kit:

SpeedoHealer Jeep install guide 1.jpg

SpeedoHealer Jeep install guide 2.jpg

SpeedoHealer Jeep install guide 3.jpg

Speedohealer V4a User Guide 1.jpg

Speedohealer V4a User Guide 2.jpg

Speedohealer V4a User Guide 3.jpg

Speedohealer V4a User Guide 4.jpg

Installation:

The install is pretty easy. You just unplug the speedo gear harness and insert the Y cable included in the SpeedoHealer

Stock:
04-stock-sye-speedo.JPG

SpeedoHealer installed:
05-speedo-healer-splitter-installed.JPG

From there you just mount the tiny control box wherever you like. I mounted mine on the driver side front fender well.

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

Last edited:

There are some other options out there to do this. Some of them are:

Dakota Digital - $85
Dakota Digital
Dakota Digital SGI-5 - a universal speedometer corrector. You'll need to cut your factory wires, and splice this in yourself, but it's about half the price of the SpeedoHealer

Superlift TruSpeed - $225
TruSpeed at SummitRacing

Is the SpeedoHealer black control box pretty durable and waterproof, or does it need to be up under the hood in a protected spot?

Is the SpeedoHealer black control box pretty durable and waterproof, or does it need to be up under the hood in a protected spot?

They claim in the instructions that it can be mounted anywhere away from heat and electrical sources. The premade cable has about 7 feet or so of length, so it's pretty easy to mount it under the hood, or in the cabin if you wanted to.

I updated the original post with some shots of where I mounted mine.

Last edited:
Back